• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was our no.1 target after Gallagher’s loan expired. Looking at the deal being reported it seems we paid the top end of Lens expectations but, as with Olise, Eze etc, the strategy appears to be to buy younger players, improve them and have the potential to move them on.
I’ve no idea where this “hipsters” cack come from, seems to have been invented on here. I would agree that Palace should expect to finish between 14th - 9th but for a “small club” who have been in administration twice this century and were relegation certainties on here at the beginning on last season; not too shabby.
Take no notice, decent club with some good young players and decent to watch.

He was our no.1 target after Gallagher’s loan expired. Looking at the deal being reported it seems we paid the top end of Lens expectations but, as with Olise, Eze etc, the strategy appears to be to buy younger players, improve them and have the potential to move them on.
I’ve no idea where this “hipsters” cack come from, seems to have been invented on here. I would agree that Palace should expect to finish between 14th - 9th but for a “small club” who have been in administration twice this century and were relegation certainties on here at the beginning on last season; not too shabby.
Take no notice, decent club with some good young players and decent to watch.
Get a good start and could have a decent season

Ake hahaha he is awful, and Sterling has regressed so badly they are willing to pay £50 million when he has a year left and he's on 300k a week and enquiring about 38 year old Ronaldo, Boehly is in charge of transfers and it shows, no wonder they want Michael Edwards and throwing tons of money at him right now to move there.

If the ownership had a clue they would keep this banker Boehly away from recruitment and get someone with any nous in the game to maybe take charge of recruitment for a few windows until they get a proper authentic head of recruitment.

They have so many holes right now, 3 CBS have gone, Ziyech is going to Milan, Lakaku to Inter, Werner looks to be off as well and they'll take a hit on that fee.

Tuchel will be throwing his dummy out and throwing the club under the Bus like he eventually does at clubs if they don't fill these gaps they have in the squad.

A top 4 spot could up for grabs, Chelsea spot is majorly vulnerable when they have overhaul there defence and attack.

I mean Ronaldo scored 18 league goals last season. Sterling got 13 in 30. Those numbers seem pretty good to me.

They are not young, so the fad will be to underestimate them, but honestly think City/United would regret selling those 2.

As for Chelsea seem to be a club that is perpetually in crisis, but won the European cup a couple of seasons back. New owners apparently going to pledge billions to spend over years to come. Along with City they have they best academy in the country, by some distance. They will find a way to keep themselves at the top end I'm sure. And for me Ronaldo/Sterling will improve them.

I remember the same people who think players drop off post 25, thought Rangnick would be a success there. He was woeful and got taught a football lesson by Lampard and Everton if memory serves me correctly.

Well colour me shocked that Chelsea get away with buying 20 years of success with money funded from terrorism, had 'sanctions' put on them and had a sale forced through, then come out of the situation stronger than ever. Just about to spend about £120m on two strikers.

Well colour me shocked that Chelsea get away with buying 20 years of success with money funded from terrorism, had 'sanctions' put on them and had a sale forced through, then come out of the situation stronger than ever. Just about to spend about £120m on two strikers.
I mean absolutely none of the Top 6’s or pretty much the entire leagues money is coming from anywhere good really is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back