• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that Man U's potential new centre half Lisandro Martínez is only 5 foot 9 tall. Apparently he has a good leap but I wonder if other clubs will target him (thinks DCL..)?

Koulibaly is a monster. Haven't seen him play loads of games, but he's been immense in every single one I have seen.

It's a shame we didn't get him when Moshiri talked about Napoli wanting "Monopoly money" figures. £70m or whatever for him would have been a much better investment than three of the £25m flumps we did sign. Would have been a statement of intent at the time, too.

It's decades old stigma. You know, it's an old man's league with a generally slower pace to it than the Premier League. People who watch it and see coaches like Gasperini, Pioli, Zerbi (when he was at Sassuolo) and others will think more objectively of course.
Decades old? I don't know about that, when i was growing up in the 90s, Italy was pretty much everything that was. Serie A was only thing we were talking about, Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina.......only time we would ever hear about other clubs was Champions League. For example even club like Ajax was seen as iconic back then, much more than any English club.

Back then only time i ever heard about English league was United and Arsenal, and it was stereotyped as basically "hoof and poof" and boring and pretty much unknown. It was all about Italy. Your boom (at least from my point of view as foreigner) started with Roman Abramovich and all the foreigners buying clubs that broke United/Arsenal duopoly. And of course language (that is dominant internationally), that absolutely allowing you to reach much further into markets like Asia.

Wasnt this fella linked with top clubs only last year?

Whys hes rocking up at Betis.

Because he was good in only few games like vs City and Bayern in Champions League and fallen after that. Similar like Thomas Lemar from that Monaco generation 5 years ago, for whom Arsenal at one point offered 90 million (and were rejected by player). He also didn't exactly set stars alight in Atletico who payed 60 million for him. Aouar is similar profile.

Man the Barcelona transfers really get me mad. How are they allowed to continually buy new players with so much debt and they have to sell their own players just to register the signings with La Liga FFP.

This Frenkie de Jong saga seems quite ridiculous, apparently Barca desperately trying to push him out (even threatening to leave him out of their planned tour), while player himself swearing into his undying love of Barca, both club and the city, and fighting tooth and nails to stay.

Why United are so desperate for a player who obviously don't want to go there, seems weird? I mean same thing happened with Angel di Maria and it ended in tears for them.

Wasnt this fella linked with top clubs only last year?

Whys hes rocking up at Betis.

Tweener. Not enough work out of possession to play deep not good enough around the box to be a #10. He might be ok yet in the right team.

Just in general everyone is going to rate someone playing in the France youth teams because a good number of those guys end up being top class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back