• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Signings - Transfer Window Summer 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like Spurs are taking a big risk with that one.
the player isn't going there to play second fiddle. I reckon they plan to cash in on Alderweireld, possibly next summer, as he doesn't look like signing a new contract. I think Spurs will have a few of these issues with the likes of Kane, Dele Alli, Dier, Ericson and of course Alderwiereld and Rose. That's all their top players. Levy has a big decision to make over the next year or two regarding the current salary cap. If the players go you can guarantee the manager will too.

I do wonder what will happen in Spain if they do crumble?

Will it just be the two Madrid sides battling it out, or will it be a great chance for a team like Sevilla to step up and fill the void?

Interesting times ahead

Barca will always be fine because they produce so many good players from their youth set up, but they might be out of title contention for a while

It might be good for the Spanish game in all honesty, especially if another side can step up
Barca weren't always this amazing side. A big name of course but really, they had only won 1 European cup Pre Messi.

Think it could end up being Real Madrid dominant then the rest fighting it out between them.

Barca seem to have been dreadful mismanaged the last few years, it's almost like they don't realise players age. And their transfer dealings this summer have been embarrassing. Trying to bully Paris for Veratti and end up losing one of their megastars!

the player isn't going there to play second fiddle. I reckon they plan to cash in on Alderweireld, possibly next summer, as he doesn't look like signing a new contract. I think Spurs will have a few of these issues with the likes of Kane, Dele Alli, Dier, Ericson and of course Alderwiereld and Rose. That's all their top players. Levy has a big decision to make over the next year or two regarding the current salary cap. If the players go you can guarantee the manager will too.
Agree. Those lads will all go to international duty and see inferior players earning double their wages and actually winning stuff.

Make or break few years for Spurs.

Agree. Those lads will all go to international duty and see inferior players earning double their wages and actually winning stuff.

Make or break few years for Spurs.
Levy knows this that's why he gets his players on lengthy contracts when possible
This Davinson lad is signing a six year contract
In 2 years time he will be their senior defender
Spurs offfer you 80 k and City /Chelsea /United /Arsenal offer you 150k what are you going to do ??

Barca weren't always this amazing side. A big name of course but really, they had only won 1 European cup Pre Messi.

Think it could end up being Real Madrid dominant then the rest fighting it out between them.

Barca seem to have been dreadful mismanaged the last few years, it's almost like they don't realise players age. And their transfer dealings this summer have been embarrassing. Trying to bully Paris for Veratti and end up losing one of their megastars!

The directors at Barça should never have been voted back in a couple of years back and only now the majority are seeing it. They are making an absolute mess of a club that should be relatively easy to run. Greedy baxtards.

In a way, the last treble really papered over the cracks. Half way through that season I thought they'd win the cup at best. The front three was that good they won it all despite the mess forming behind them and bought this lot more time.

I'd prefer the current regime were unable to sign anymore players, but the problem with that is it won't keep Messi happy with that contract sitting unsigned.

I think most Spainish clubs have been mismanaged over the years
Real Madrid have sold and re bought their training ground a few times so the Council can bail them out.
Malaga was bought to help get planning permission for an Arab oil billionaire and he left and they were up to their neck in debt
Barca overspent on fees and wages and just kept borrowing
Athletico Madrid were rotten to the core i under previous presidents.
They all seem to think that tax fraud is allowed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.go...en-atletico-madrid-should-not-be-considered-a
There are a load more in relation to Athletico like paying money to African clubs for players that didn't exist and signing under age players
Spainish football in general is corrupt and the clubs aren't punished because of the political uproar it would cause

5f89f12ffa18ddcc6aef55d9acf16d86.jpg

That'll be the pools fans juices flowing then!

sadly i think messi and iniesta will sign and they'll be alright. It's just the standard of player they're going after. Countinho? Paulinho? Just woeful business, it's a massive downgrade on the likes they've been buying in the last 10 years. Would really like for them to go down to mid-table togger like they were when i was growing up.

Last time Barca finished lower than 6th was in 1942 mate, and they've played in European comps every season since 1956, how old are you exactly lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back