Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cannot believe that Dzsudzsak has gone to Bursaspor for 1m.

Makes you wonder doesnt it ? I mean how many managers go around with say £30m in their 'warchest' looking for high profile signings, when there is actually good players right infront of you going for peanuts. Everton have benefited most from it though, cahill, arteta, lescott, jags, coleman, baines, the list goes on, the big clubs then have to spend their war chest on players like lescott for £24m.

I like wengers approach, buy what you need instead of just buying glamour, then add a touch of class later on like sanchez once you have the foundations set.

Andre Gray from Brentford to Bristol city.

£9m. Odd move, no offence to Bristol City but Andre Gray is a good striker in the championship so I'm a bit surprised he's not gone to a bigger club in the championship.

On the other hand nice bit of ambition by Bristol City,effectively weakening the team that just thrashed you 4-2,whilst getting yourself a very good striker for a division you're new to.

So since the summer the Bees have lost Pritchard, Toral and now Gray that's a good chunk of goals and creativity lost in one summer.
Hope the owners know what they're doing.

£9m utterly outrageous imo.

It is but it's all getting a bit silly in the championship.

Meanwhile Brentford's former manager Mark Warburton according to STV has reached an agreement to sign Gedion Zelalem on loan from Arsenal.

Good deal for all parties, the kid is seriously naturally talented and will bring some creativity into their midfield. But he needs game time and to toughen up a bit. If he handles that this could be a very good move.

It is but it's all getting a bit silly in the championship.

Meanwhile Brentford's former manager Mark Warburton according to STV has reached an agreement to sign Gedion Zelalem on loan from Arsenal.

Good deal for all parties, the kid is seriously naturally talented and will bring some creativity into their midfield. But he needs game time and to toughen up a bit. If he handles that this could be a very good move.
Excuse my ignorance but, on loan for whom?

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-08-18/west-brom-reject-spurs-berahino-bid/
West Brom have rejected an offer from Spurs for striker Saido Berahino, the club have confirmed. The forward has been linked with a move away from The Hawthorns, but West Brom are determined to keep him.

"We have no interest in selling Saido which is what I have told Daniel Levy. I know we are living in an age where no club can say ‘never’ about the possibility of selling a player. However, the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda.
We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad."

– WEST BROM CHAIRMAN JEREMY PEACE

Andre Gray from Brentford to Bristol city.

£9m. Odd move, no offence to Bristol City but Andre Gray is a good striker in the championship so I'm a bit surprised he's not gone to a bigger club in the championship.

On the other hand nice bit of ambition by Bristol City,effectively weakening the team that just thrashed you 4-2,whilst getting yourself a very good striker for a division you're new to.

So since the summer the Bees have lost Pritchard, Toral and now Gray that's a good chunk of goals and creativity lost in one summer.
Hope the owners know what they're doing.

Raised my eyebrows that one mate.

West Brom have rejected an offer from Spurs for striker Saido Berahino, the club have confirmed. The forward has been linked with a move away from The Hawthorns, but West Brom are determined to keep him.

"We have no interest in selling Saido which is what I have told Daniel Levy. I know we are living in an age where no club can say ‘never’ about the possibility of selling a player. However, the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda.
We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad."

What we are doing must be catching.

Having read it all mate,reckon itv could have saved time by simply saying Peace tells Levy "show me the money".

Saido is off,just a question of how much.

Levy v Peace. Think that deserves a large bowl of popcorn. 4:55pm Levy bonanza on deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back