Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
€80m for a 19 year old who isn't exactly a household name is insanity even it's 'only' €50m upfront.

Football has lost control of itself.
Absolute panic buy which will only help contribute to the awful precedent being set by some clubs. Financially it cannot continue!

You've got clubs like Swansea who are bringing in effective players for pittance, and then other clubs spending huge amounts on actual dross.

Absolute panic buy which will only help contribute to the awful precedent being set by some clubs. Financially it cannot continue!

You've got clubs like Swansea who are bringing in effective players for pittance, and then other clubs spending huge amounts on actual dross.
At least that is preferable to them soening it on boss players otherwise the rest of us wouldn't stand a chance

At least that is preferable to them soening it on boss players otherwise the rest of us wouldn't stand a chance
Well that's true! Thinking objectively though (with out Blue tinted glasses), I just find the state of the whole transfer market ridiculous.

Is De Bruyne worth £55m? Sterling at £49m? Both young prospects I understand, but Sanchez was only £35m, is still 26 and a proven player!

Fernandinho cost £34m: for bloody what? David Luiz cost PSG £50m and he's one of the most overrated defenders I've ever seen.

It's sometimes actually better to buy cheap as they're arguably more effective (and reliable) than some of the players they buy.

Januzaj to Dortmund

CNv4ZM5XAAA9V4B.jpg

Any rumours about last minute deals for your team, since the chances of us getting anyone seem to be slim I'm cheering myself up by checking out other teams!

None,nad,zilch,not a sausage.

Even the wind up merchants like the Star can't even be bothered to make up rumours.

I am still in stage 1 grief, denial. The rest of the crap comes 30mins after the window shuts. then I usually have a meltdown, then by the next morning it's oh well let's see go with what we've got.

@br_uk: Julian #Draxler on brink of move from Schalke to #Wolfsburg for fee of around €35m http://t.co/i6FOLf9xFa http://t.co/eXLad0fIYE
So at the current rate it's just over the £25m mark. Only 21, relatively experienced and bags of potential; good deal in my eyes.

To be fair that's not too bad actually, especially as you would expect that the De Bruyne money would have bumped up the price by a few pounds.

Is Sterling worth double? No chance. More evidence that this whole transfer market is a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back