Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogen is a proper boss midfielder by yeah think he's still coming back for some serious injury.

Think Hummels will happen too.
What type of midfielder is he? I don't know much about German footballer other than those that play in the German national team in major tournaments. If they are still going for Khedira I'm assuming Gundogen isn't going to be another Carrick replacement?

What type of midfielder is he? I don't know much about German footballer other than those that play in the German national team in major tournaments. If they are still going for Khedira I'm assuming Gundogen isn't going to be another Carrick replacement?

I've not seen much recently either, but from memory he's like a good version of Jack Wilshire. Good on the ball, decent passing and goo engine on him.

Not really Carrick like as he actually runs about a lot!

I've not seen much recently either, but from memory he's like a good version of Jack Wilshire. Good on the ball, decent passing and goo engine on him.

Not really Carrick like as he actually runs about a lot!

Seems good, from that it looks like it is Herrera's position in the current United setup that he'd be challenging for. Pretty jealous we can't have two 20m+ players fighting over a spot :(

He's like a souped up Wilshere, just hope that he's fully recovered. Very excited about this, Depay was also in Manchester yesterday so it looks like we're trying to get things wrapped up early. We won't be going for Khedira. Carrick and Blind will be the holding midfielders, Gundogan will compete with Herrera and Fellaini.

He's like a souped up Wilshere, just hope that he's fully recovered. Very excited about this, Depay was also in Manchester yesterday so it looks like we're trying to get things wrapped up early. We won't be going for Khedira. Carrick and Blind will be the holding midfielders, Gundogan will compete with Herrera and Fellaini.
Makes sense since you can afford it to pay slightly over the odds and get the players in early allowing them to settle during presseason.

Surprised me that Blind only signed on the last day of the transfer window this season, especially given Carrick was out for several months. Really like Blind as a player, other than Herrera he looks like your best signing this season.

Makes sense since you can afford it to pay slightly over the odds and get the players in early allowing them to settle during presseason.

Surprised me that Blind only signed on the last day of the transfer window this season, especially given Carrick was out for several months,
Apparently Blind knew a lot earlier that he was going to United we just left it as it was an easy deal to wrap up quickly, our main midfield target last summer was Vidal. That was quite the saga, we even had United fans streaming Chilean TV for the latest.

Apparently Blind knew a lot earlier that he was going to United we just left it as it was an easy deal to wrap up quickly, our main midfield target last summer was Vidal. That was quite the saga, we even had United fans streaming Chilean TV for the latest.
What is it with your recruitment department about trying to sign players just coming back from major injuries?!

What is it with your recruitment department about trying to sign players just coming back from major injuries?!

Yeah that scares me a bit, we dodged a bullet last summer with Vermaelen who hasn't kicked a ball for Barca yet. Gundogan has been playing regularly so hopefully that back injury is a thing of the past and he's only 24.

Yeah that scares me a bit, we dodged a bullet last summer with Vermaelen who hasn't kicked a ball for Barca yet. Gundogan has been playing regularly so hopefully that back injury is a thing of the past and he's only 24.
You were rumoured to be looking at Strootman at the time as well iirc - you'd have been challenging Arsenal more for the top of the physioroom injury tables than for the league!

What is the latest gossip on ADM, is he likely to stay ir does he want a move to PSG?

You were rumoured to be looking at Strootman at the time as well iirc - you'd have been challenging Arsenal more for the top of the physioroom injury tables than for the league!

What is the latest gossip on ADM, is he likely to stay ir does he want a move to PSG?
Aye Strootman is Van Gaal's favourite, shame about his injuries. Moyes should have bought him in 2013 he was a no-brainer at the time.

Apparently Di Maria wants to stay. I know he's had a tough time moving to a new country and league plus the break-in at his house that forced him to move. But he annoys me on the pitch to be honest and am expecting him to step it up next season if he does stay. I think I'm in the minority who would be alright with selling him if PSG are still interested.

Aye Strootman is Van Gaal's favourite, shame about his injuries. Moyes should have bought him in 2013 he was a no-brainer at the time.

Apparently Di Maria wants to stay. I know he's had a tough time moving to a new country and league plus the break-in at his house that forced him to move. But he annoys me on the pitch to be honest and am expecting him to step it up next season if he does stay. I think I'm in the minority who would be alright with selling him if PSG are still interested.
Guess it isn't too unusual for a foreign players performances to drop off the second half of the season, they often seem to really miss the winter break. Even Sanchez has faded a bit and both he and ADM seemd far more suited to the league physically than say Ozil did when he joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back