Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/ike...er-real-madrid-pay-2-years-contract-la-sexta/
Spanish TV station La Sexta this afternoon reported that Casillas will become an Arsenal player, with Real Madrid set to payout the last two years of his deal at the Bernabeu. The 33 year old stopper, capped 161 times by Spain, has spoken of his desire to see out his contract at Real Madrid on various occasions. However, Real Madrid have reportedly been trying to convince Iker Casillas to leave in order to bring in Manchester United star David De Gea.

If Real Madrid are truly willing to pay Iker Casillas his wages for 2016 and 2017, Arsenal will not need to match his high Real Madrid salary. However, Arsene Wenger does already have two first team goalkeepers in David Ospina and Wojciech Szczęsny.

It’s worth noting that La Sexta broke the shock Falcao to Monaco story as well as the Xabi Alonso to Bayern Munich transfer.

Szczesney's last game for us is likely to be the cup final.AW has stayed very loyal to him in the past but it's worth noting he's dropped him twice in the last 18months. The Saints game ended any chance of him being first choice and Ospina's only conceded 8 goals in 14 so he's set as first choice.

I'd have preferred Cech but Maureen is a miserable Richard so that's never going to happen.

Szczesney's last game for us is likely to be the cup final.AW has stayed very loyal to him in the past but it's worth noting he's dropped him twice in the last 18months. The Saints game ended any chance of him being first choice and Ospina's only conceded 8 goals in 14 so he's set as first choice.

I'd have preferred Cech but Maureen is a miserable Richard so that's never going to happen.
Will Casillas be OK being in the bench behind Ospina?

Will Casillas be OK being in the bench behind Ospina?

Wouldn't have thought so but there aren't many decent keepers that would. You either get an older keeper that can bring a bit of experience to the squad and able to come on at the drop of a hat or a young hungry one.

Casillas at his age would probably think he can be first choice and the last thing you want is him bitching to the press when he's a sub.

Wouldn't have thought so but there aren't many decent keepers that would. You either get an older keeper that can bring a bit of experience to the squad and able to come on at the drop of a hat or a young hungry one.

Casillas at his age would probably think he can be first choice and the last thing you want is him bitching to the press when he's a sub.
He'll be worse than Szczeny's dad!

i really like szchesney, got to be honest. he seems a confidence player though. you think he's better than fabianski @49ers? not sure there's been too much between the two.

i reckon szchesney would be a good buy for us as a replacement for howard, but again not very imposing.

Jack is fit yet not being played. The rumour around here is that AW is pretty pee'd off about the latest hookah pipe silliness and might consider it if the offer is good but would prefer to sell to an overseas club. Oddly the Juve rumours are supposed to be more than just paper talk.

Don't like the idea of selling home grown players but £25-30m with his injury record and replace with Stan Collymore's favourite midfielder would be good business dealings.

i think he's f*cking terrible tbh. if i became arsenal manager the first thing i'd do is offer him to city to fill their english quota and use the money to get one or two great DM's in. i seriously don't know wilshere's position. he doesn't tackle much so he wouldn't be DM and you have about 8 players who are better than him as and attacking mid. him and cleverley are just weird footballers in the what the hell do they do, but play for top clubs and internationally mould?

@br_uk: Reports in Spain indicate that FIFA could soon hit #RMCF and #Atletico with Barcelona-like transfer bans.

Rumours for the same problems with their academies that Barc had their ban for.

Make the De Gea /Casillas et al situation interesting - guess that Real and Atletico would appeal and be able to do transfers this summer and then banned for two windows.

@br_uk: Reports in Spain indicate that FIFA could soon hit #RMCF and #Atletico with Barcelona-like transfer bans.

Rumours for the same problems with their academies that Barc had their ban for.

Make the De Gea /Casillas et al situation interesting - guess that Real and Atletico would appeal and be able to do transfers this summer and then banned for two windows.

More fines! Only thing that could make them think twice.

i think he's f*cking terrible tbh. if i became arsenal manager the first thing i'd do is offer him to city to fill their english quota and use the money to get one or two great DM's in. i seriously don't know wilshere's position. he doesn't tackle much so he wouldn't be DM and you have about 8 players who are better than him as and attacking mid. him and cleverley are just weird footballers in the what the hell do they do, but play for top clubs and internationally mould?

When he broke through he was very good, AW abused him to the extent that he picked up so many injuries that he's stalled. I'm reluctant to bin him off after what happened with Ramsey but he dies himself no favours with the off field crap. If we get a big off its more likely than not we'll take the money.
I will say though he's a better footballer than Cleverley but wtf do I know I wet myself when I see Naismith on your team sheet against us

When he broke through he was very good, AW abused him to the extent that he picked up so many injuries that he's stalled. I'm reluctant to bin him off after what happened with Ramsey but he dies himself no favours with the off field crap. If we get a big off its more likely than not we'll take the money.
I will say though he's a better footballer than Cleverley but wtf do I know I wet myself when I see Naismith on your team sheet against us

naismith loves scoring against the so called top 4 though. he's so drik kuyt it's unbelievable, at least he actually scores them from open play like. agree with you on ramsey, but how many years on the trot has wilshere been stealing wages after another injury ravaged season, whilst doing nowt when on the pitch. must be at least 5.

United fans i work with seem to think Clyne is a young prospect and better option than Coleman because of the big age gap....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back