Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good move for Delph....for his bank account.
Tbh he might get a decent amount of playing time, not the same as at Villa but perhaps more than say Rodwell got.

Milner and Sinclair have gone leaving Silva, Nasri and Navas as their current wide players with the latter two a bit temperamental and they are in a lot of competitions.

Things might get complicated if they sign Sterling although I think they are trying to offload Navas to Sevilla.

To be fair to Delph, he could have left on a free last year, offers, apparently, were on the table from other clubs, but cos Villa had supported him when injured, he re signed. Not like he has agitated for a move. City met the (modest) release fee. The lad has done nowt wrong imo.

Andros Townsend could be a Villa player very soon:coffee:

That's one seriously overrated turd of a player. Been living off a spawny goal with England for the last 2 years. If Villa pay more than 8-10m there should be a stewards inquiry.

Last edited:
Not like a certain other player looking to move to City is it ;)

Tbf have seen a couple of people quote his statement when he signed a new contract in Jan last year "I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am."

But since he could have left on a free this summer and signing that contract, even one with a lowish buyout clause, has meant that Villa get 8m for him that counts as loyalty in today's football world, especially as he probably misses out on a nice signing bonus.

Yep as I see it, he's done well by Villa.....they now get a transfer fee....

How would you rate him compared to the other 1st choice other keepers in the prem?

Courtois,Cech and De Gea better by some distance?

Not as good as those 3, I'd put him in a Hart/Lloris tier. He would work in Martinez style of play as he's used to having to play from the back. Be a decent buy in my opinion and wouldn't cost more than £4m.

Bastian Schweinsteiger 'agrees three-year deal' with Manchester United as Bayern Munich prepare for midfielder's exit
  • Bastian Schweinsteiger has agreed a move to Manchester United
  • The 30-year-old has accepted a three-year deal worth £7.2m a year
  • Schweinsteiger will fly to Manchester for a medical and to sign contract
  • Fee still needs to be agreed between the clubs with Bayern wanting £15m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back