Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have City been linked with a striker at all? They're letting Jovetic and Dzeko go so seems likely they'll want replacements

Have City been linked with a striker at all? They're letting Jovetic and Dzeko go so seems likely they'll want replacements
Nothing concrete that I can remember. I think once they've sorted out De Bruyne (if it goes through), they'll begin looking for a striker.

I'd happily take either of their 'rejects' however that's never going to happen.

i always hear how good he is but i never actually see it. was merely point it out that he is a big risk for such a big fee seeing as just 1 year ago he couldn't even get into their title challenger's first team. we'll see.
From what I watched last season of the Bundesliga he looked a very good player with fantastic further potential.

In addition, he was voted best player in the league over the season, which is no-mean feat when you consider some of the talents on show.

From all accounts as well Chelsea actually never wanted him to leave, arguably being their best player over the 13-14 pre-season.

However he wanted first team football so reluctantly let him leave; similar to the Schürrle scenario. I think they'll certainly be regretting it now.

I'm not arguing that he's some world class player yet, however I think he'll perform well in the Premier League if he does move to Citeh.

Winaljdum, Clasie, Delboy, Mitrovic all excite me, seeing Bacca and Adriano at Milan are good buys. Think Valencia have got a great prospect in Matty Ryan the goalkeeper.

Also be interesting to see if Jurado finally shows why he was highly thought of a few years ago, now at Watford.

he ripped bayern apart when they won 4-1 and scored he twice in the game last season and was there main player in season were they won a cup and finished 2nd. He is quality and Chelsea will regret letting him go

Bayern are sniffing around him now.

Hopefully he goes there, no offence to City but only Aguero and Silva have really lit up the league since they started splashing the cash.

Kompany,decent for 2 yrs then serious Decline(compare with Adams,Terry,Carvalho,Campbell,Keown,Vidic and Ivanovic).

Hart in his prime but would you take him over De Gea/Cech/Courtois

Zabaletta, once top now not so muchbut was never tge best in that position in Europe.

Clichy- inferior to Cole,Not been the same since he gave away a penalty to Birmingham City in the dying mins back in 07/08 season.

Kolarov- good for taking free kicks but hardly a Cole in his prime

Toure-world class when he has cake otherwise a passenger

The two Ferns- Ok nothing more.

Nasri-terribly inconsistent or could have been world class.

Dzeko- very good but not better than what is/available

Kevin De Bruyne could go there and be suddenly up there with Messi/Ronaldo/Hazard but their history shows its highly unlikely.

@BenDinnery: According to his 1st 2 clubs Mbemba was born on 08/08/88 but DR Congo FA list his DOB as 30/11/91. Anderlecht go with 08/08/94
@BenDinnery: The player himself thinks he was born in 1990. So in short #NUFC have agreed to sign 20-26 year-old defender Chancel Mbemba from Anderlecht
lol

wow

Bayern are sniffing around him now.

Hopefully he goes there, no offence to City but only Aguero and Silva have really lit up the league since they started splashing the cash.

Kompany,decent for 2 yrs then serious Decline(compare with Adams,Terry,Carvalho,Campbell,Keown,Vidic and Ivanovic).

Hart in his prime but would you take him over De Gea/Cech/Courtois

Zabaletta, once top now not so muchbut was never tge best in that position in Europe.

Clichy- inferior to Cole,Not been the same since he gave away a penalty to Birmingham City in the dying mins back in 07/08 season.

Kolarov- good for taking free kicks but hardly a Cole in his prime

Toure-world class when he has cake otherwise a passenger

The two Ferns- Ok nothing more.

Nasri-terribly inconsistent or could have been world class.

Dzeko- very good but not better than what is/available

Kevin De Bruyne could go there and be suddenly up there with Messi/Ronaldo/Hazard but their history shows its highly unlikely.
Agreed for city's outlay 2 leagues and one fa cup is not great in 7 years plus the shinawatra 'era'

Chelsea were on the rise before the Russian due to hardings cash. And the lure of London helps .

City are not an elite club and most players see it as a pay day there players aren't as dedicated as they should be.

Agreed on hart. He's a decent keeper but he's not in de gea or courtouis class but not many are .

@BenDinnery: According to his 1st 2 clubs Mbemba was born on 08/08/88 but DR Congo FA list his DOB as 30/11/91. Anderlecht go with 08/08/94
@BenDinnery: The player himself thinks he was born in 1990. So in short #NUFC have agreed to sign 20-26 year-old defender Chancel Mbemba from Anderlecht
bakayoko is still 21

Denayer is a defender BlueMoon have talked about a bit, City have a match vs Real Madrid soon so looking forward to watching that and seeing how the youngsters fare.
Listening to the girl in work, they are pretty much bringing a fair few youngsters through and pumping a lot of money into the development of them so it would be interesting to see how over the next 10 years this influences their approach to the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back