Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amidst all the England latest failure this went under the radar last night.

Crystal Palace have had a club-record £32million bid accepted by Marseille for Belgium forward Michy Bathsuayi.

The Eagles have been chasing a top striker for over a year, but after failing in their long-term pursuit for Fiorentina's Khouma Babacar have turned their attentions to the in-demand Batshuayi.

Marseille have accepted that they will sell the 22-year-old striker this summer, and interest from Liverpool, West Ham and Juventus has pushed his price-tag high.

But Palace have blown their rivals out of the water with an offer of €38million plus future clauses, sources have confirmed to MirrorFootball.

If they pull this off,they've got a good young striker and stolen a march on The Newham council funded Hammers. Even Palace are spending£30m+. Europe are really going to take English clubs to the cleaners this summer.
The price Marseille valued him at was actually £30m but Brexit raised it by £2m.
Lacazette £45m asking price
Pogba £100m asking price

Madness FFS

Won't happen. Being used to flush out the usual suspects.

Won't happen. Being used to flush out the usual suspects.

Keep the faith mate,sometimes the usual suspects look elsewhere or don't want to take the risk on a young player.

He could really develop given the chance away from a big club spot light in a more challenging league. He reminds me of a young Drogba and not just because of the Club he plays for.

I'm no ITK but hearing Batshuayi is turning down Palace because he wants a bigger move. However Marsaille need to sell by Thursday to avoid bankruptcy.

Keep the faith mate,sometimes the usual suspects look elsewhere or don't want to take the risk on a young player.

He could really develop given the chance away from a big club spot light in a more challenging league. He reminds me of a young Drogba and not just because of the Club he plays for.

Don't get me wrong. He would be more than decent by our standards and would be a coup if it came off. The equivalent of when Lombardo came.

Matip Grujic Karius and Mane. Honestly expected better from Klopp and his supposed irresistible pulling power for top players. They've had a clear run at all those players as they didn't seem to be on the radar of any top clubs.

Matip will do for cover, good buy for what he will be used for.
Grujic is apparently a good player, im normally up to date with the younger talent from foreign leagues but not seen Grujic.
Karius - could be the buy of the window IMO, potential to be a beast and also came cheap as far as I know.
Mane - Potential, few teams after him, can be good when bothered, although he is inconsistent and at £34m could be a flop.

Expect another two signings from Klopp and one of them to be a top signing, maybe Subotic could be one of them followed by a Max Meyer type purchase.

I'm no ITK but hearing Batshuayi is turning down Palace because he wants a bigger move. However Marsaille need to sell by Thursday to avoid bankruptcy.
Palace got to a cup final, so are clearly a bigger club than everton.
Saints finished ahead of us in the league, so are a bigger club.

We've got no chance signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back