Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is Mahrez is set to reject Arsenal and sign a new 100k a week contract. Hilarious if two of our players snub them this summer

We haven't bid for Mahrez.

His agent's supposed to have touted him to Barca etc and they showed no interest and we did but the fees looked high so no bid was ever placed.

Vardy played a blinder though. Using us to get ahis second wage hike in a short space of time,yet no one asks how we knew his exact release clause though.

Anyway beats being snubbed by Troy Deeney.

Kante is the bigger miss in my opinion.

Last edited:

His agent's supposed to have touted him to Barca etc and they showed no interest and we did but the fees looked high so no bid was ever placed.

Vardy played a blinder though. Using us to get ahis second wage hike in a short space of time,yet no one asks how we knew his exact release clause though.

Typical Gunner response there Arsene

Who are you linked with? Would have expected a top forward and centre back signed...

Boro must really want to get relegated if they've even considered signing Guzan - even if he is backup to Valdes. Worst keeper in the league!

Its a good move for Guzan. Boro plays competent but god-awful to watch defensive footie and usually that style makes the GK look a lot better than he actually is.

Who are you linked with? Would have expected a top forward and centre back signed...
It's glaringly obvious to every man and his blind dog that Arsenal have required at least a top centre forward for years and years now.

They easily have one of the most quality laden midfields in the league, yet there's never an end result because they have a shire pony up top.

Not sure if Wenger just enjoys shopping in Poundland these days or the board are too frugal, but why not just splurge to complete the jigsaw.

If I was them I'd even be willing to overpay. Centre back is obviously another aspect which they seem unwilling to fix either.

... In other news, Sane is off to Citeh.

buying a young centre back in mangala for £32m and a young winger in sterling for £50m didn't work and turned into the biggest flops of the season

.... so city go and splash £40m on sane, possibly £50m on stones and £27m on gabriel jesus (who?)

buying a young centre back in mangala for £32m and a young winger in sterling for £50m didn't work and turned into the biggest flops of the season

.... so city go and splash £40m on sane, possibly £50m on stones and £27m on gabriel jesus (who?)

Sterling was £44M, the price will rise to £49M if he reaches certain goals. Way too early to label him a flop, especially as almost the whole team performed badly. He still bagged 11 in all comps including 3 in the Champs league. The witch hunt started by Liverpool hasn't abated and that must have affected his confidence, he's still only 21. I expect a lot of people are going to be eating their words about Sterling in the coming season.

Sterling was £44M, the price will rise to £49M if he reaches certain goals. Way too early to label him a flop, especially as almost the whole team performed badly. He still bagged 11 in all comps including 3 in the Champs league. The witch hunt started by Liverpool hasn't abated and that must have affected his confidence, he's still only 21. I expect a lot of people are going to be eating their words about Sterling in the coming season.

His performances were utterly horrific. Looking away from the stats, he barely looked a footballer. Same with England, he was one of the worst performers. Of course he's still young, but I'm just making a point about city's recruitment. They spent the same amount on de bryune, who had flopped in this league, gone off and matured and came back to be a starter and one of the best players in the league. Why don't they do their business like that instead of paying for potential? Sterling would have been worth the same amount if they allowed him 3 or 4 seasons at Liverpool to prove he was the real deal, not the one season wonder he currently is.

His performances were utterly horrific. Looking away from the stats, he barely looked a footballer. Same with England, he was one of the worst performers. Of course he's still young, but I'm just making a point about city's recruitment. They spent the same amount on de bryune, who had flopped in this league, gone off and matured and came back to be a starter and one of the best players in the league. Why don't they do their business like that instead of paying for potential? Sterling would have been worth the same amount if they allowed him 3 or 4 seasons at Liverpool to prove he was the real deal, not the one season wonder he currently is.

I think his confidence was destroyed by the hate campaign in the media. It's no coincidence that his performances got worse as the [Poor language removed] written about him was ramped up. Also, it's a little disingenuous to label De Bruyne a flop when he just wasn't given a chance. Even Chelsea fans will admit that he was never given a fair crack of the whip at the Bridge.
As for how we do our business, buying potential is cheaper than buying the finished article. It doesn't always work out and you can end up paying top dollar for rubbish. Buying the finished article doesn't always work either. Falcao and Di Maria are testament to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back