Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's still only 21. I expect a lot of people are going to be eating their words about Sterling in the coming season.
He's obviously got age on his side and there's ability there, but even when taking my Blue-tinted glasses off I think he's extremely poor value.

His performances with Liverpool without Suarez were far more inconsistent and he rarely set the world alight under Pellegrini last season.

Plus, I'm not sure if his general character (from what's reported, I see with my eyes and I've been told) will match what Pep's expectations.

I may be wrong and he may flourish, but I'd be more confident to suggest he'll never really push on to be a consistent, high level performer.

Pep expects players to work hard both on and off the pitch with a high level of professionalism, and this may be a weakness.

A good player? Yes I'd expect so. A top player though worth anywhere near £45m-50m? Doubt it. De Bruyne on the other hand though...

A good player? Yes I'd expect so. A top player though worth anywhere near £45m-50m?

We overpaid no doubt about it, the same as we will for Stones if the transfer goes through. English players are always more expensive though and Liverpool didn't want or need to sell and you're always going to pay a premium in such circumstances. If however he does fulfil his potential no one will bat an eye over the price.
Pogba for £100M and another £20M for his agent is what you really call overpaying.

Not quite in the £40mn bracket but Fazio appears to be on his way to Roma. £3.5mn ish. Can't believe we have actually got someone to pay actual money for him.

I look forward to seeing Sterling and Sane plying their trade for Watford and Stoke respectively in a couple of seasons.

He made a couple of sub appearances in the Euro's for Germany, didn't really do much, still only 20 though.

Has only played 47 senior games, scoring 11.
From what I've seen of his domestic performances over in Germany he's looked a player of good potential. Big step up but I'm confident he will.

Plus as a twenty-year old to have a score rate of just over 1 in 4 from the behind the striker (or on the wing) isn't shabby at all.

Imagine if Delboy could get one goal in four...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back