Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with one going to Leicester and the other still stuck at Brighton, we can see which ones better.

Well they can't let them both go if they want to stay up

For all we know they've had offers
Yet the media are making out their business is totally normal and isn’t indicative of something slightly unusual going on at the club. Just like the appointment of OGS wasn’t shown to be unusual.

How has no one within the media taken a step back and asked “what the hell are they doing?” instead of purring about how much of a “huge club” they are despite the fact they’re 31 and 32 points respectively behind their biggest rivals and it’s got to the point where they can’t attract players from the higher echelons of football anymore.

I don't know, there was quite a lot of people in the media questioning the Solskjaer appointment

Well they can't let them both go if they want to stay up

For all we know they've had offers

I don't know, there was quite a lot of people in the media questioning the Solskjaer appointment
They questioned him getting it permanently but I remember the initial temporary appointment as the return of a legend

Im a huge fan of Wan Bissaka and nobody can deny that he's a massive upgrade on Ashley Young, who isnt even a RB.

Maguire is a very good defender, tried and tested and they dont have to worry about him adapting as they would if they signed a foreign CB.

Are they world class signings? No, but they are big upgrades on the defenseive side.

Not sure on James but he was buttons in todays market.

i've heard rave reviews for AWB, but also that he can't attack. They're paying for potential, but big moves for youngsters don't always work out. Valencia and Young are horrific choices for right back, but they've mainly been chosen to provide them an attacking full back, they may be more stable as a defensive unit, but i can't say for sure that he's better right now than those two.

Well he did a really impressive job at first, so deserved the plaudits

It only really went AOT when he signed the perm deal
Yes but surely them appointing the Molde manager and not getting a name in was a bit weird? I’m not talking about how well he did, them failing to bring an actual manager in to begin with wasn’t really questioned

The Dunk fee is so high because of the impending sale of Maguire. In a way I don’t mind because it’s really just taking money off the top clubs. United will hand over 80 mill or something ridiculous to Leicester who will promptly hand over close to half of it to Brighton. It’s the lower clubs finally getting a bit of payback on the top clubs. We sell our stars to them at eye watering prices and pick up their scraps at complete discounts.

Its mad that Maguire for £80m won't be the worst transfer this window for long if Leicester actually throw £45m at Brighton for Dunk.

Keane's a £100m player in this market in comparison.

Well he did a really impressive job at first, so deserved the plaudits

It only really went AOT when he signed the perm deal

Just why oh why they never waited to the end of the season is beyond me?
The media were absolutely clamouring for OGS to get the position permanently.
Woodward caved in after the PSG win. No doubt egged on by Ferguson
who wanted his little puppet in place to play with. I really don't think any big
world class player will go the swamp because OGS is the manager.
It's clear that the likes of Pogbad & Lukaku don't rate him and even relatively
junior pro's like Lingarse & Gashford have little if any respect for him.
It was a totally unnecessary appointment. You reap what you sow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back