Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linked with Ollie Watkins and Maupay from Brentford, Butland from Stoke (meh at £30m) and Harry Wilson from the RS but the last two dependent on if Wilf goes (and then only one of them). Benteke to China and Scott Dann to the Barcodes remain persistent rumours.

Just read that Fonseca is odds-on to become Roma's new manager. Be interesting to see how he gets on there.

They couldn't and wouldn't pay his wage demands

Think they could and would tbh.

I actually hope they do spunk their transfer budget on this shiny new toy. They had the best defence last season - it’s not the area that lost them the league so improving it isn’t going to significantly improve the team. I’d be more concerned if they improve the depth of their forward line. Hopefully they stick with Origi and Shaqiri because they’ve no money left to upgrade them after buying a CB they don’t need...

Think they could and would tbh.

I actually hope they do spunk their transfer budget on this shiny new toy. They had the best defence last season - it’s not the area that lost them the league so improving it isn’t going to significantly improve the team. I’d be more concerned if they improve the depth of their forward line. Hopefully they stick with Origi and Shaqiri because they’ve no money left to upgrade them after buying a CB they don’t need...

He was offered 250k a week by Utd and turned it down, Imagine the RS paying that for a defender, VVD Salah Mane would all demand the same

He was offered 250k a week by Utd and turned it down, Imagine the RS paying that for a defender, VVD Salah Mane would all demand the same

So his agent has apparently said. I saw the news article. His agent also said in the same article that he turned it down because it’s not about the money but finding the right club.

So his agent has apparently said. I saw the news article. His agent also said in the same article that he turned it down because it’s not about the money but finding the right club.

He's not signing for Liverpool in a million years

In fact name me the last player thats gone to Liverpool who's been highly sort after in Europe

He's not signing for Liverpool in a million years

In fact name me the last player thats gone to Liverpool who's been highly sort after in Europe

You don’t think they’re now a tempting proposition for top players? They’ve got the money and now a pot to validate their status as a winning side. Let’s not kid ourselves, they really can attract the best players now. If the reports of VVD turning down Chelsea or Man City (can’t remember which one) were true then there’s your evidence.

I agree though they won’t buy him but disagree that they can’t. Which is a pity because, and this was the main point of my post, I’d prefer them to allocate all their transfer budget funding his capture than see them spend it more judiciously on areas that if improved could see them step up an even higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back