Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get big money for Harry what positions do you think Rogers will spend it on.
Rumours of Tierney from celtic but with chilwell there i can't see that happening.
Cover /replacement for vardy perhaps??
Tielemans is priority for me. And then a winger and somebody who can challenge Vardy for a starting spot
Don't see us signing a left back unless Chilwell left which I hope he doesn't

Tielemans has been really good for you this season FOX, what are the chances of him signing permanently? He looks a talented player.

Yeah there was a ridiculous agenda against him. He put Liverpool out of the league cup at Anfield (only manager to win there), he started the league campaign very well, had a mini slump in the middle during which he made the league cup final, then finished strongly to get top 4 as well as winning the Europa. A far better first season than the likes of Pochettino or Klopp managed by the knives were out for him in the media as soon as it started not quite being perfect.

I hope Mourinho goes back there and wins everything just to troll the media.

Agreed.
It was everything from playing Kante out of position to not getting the best from Hazard, rigid tactics swapping Barkley for Kovacic, not playing Willian, not playing Cahill, etc etc right down to him being painted as a bit of a simpleton and being referred to in relation to his job prior to football.

Had the keeper not behaved like a idiot in the league cup final he could well have had 2 trophies.

I thought he did very well to manage what has been a difficult group of players.

Agreed.
It was everything from playing Kante out of position to not getting the best from Hazard, rigid tactics swapping Barkley for Kovacic, not playing Willian, not playing Cahill, etc etc right down to him being painted as a bit of a simpleton and being referred to in relation to his job prior to football.

Had the keeper not behaved like a idiot in the league cup final he could well have had 2 trophies.

I thought he did very well to manage what has been a difficult group of players.
Not playing the very talented but clearly inexperienced and defensively suspect Hudson-Odoi every minute of every game in every competition was also unforgivable to some.

stones is a class footballer, it suits evertonians to pretend otherwise, but he will be back in citys first team once fit next season. I'm not sure on maguire as whenever I've watched him I've a lot of people go past him and beat him to the byline etc but I don't watch him on a regular basis. If he does want out a bidding war is definitely the best thing for you though I still see citys interest as conjecture at this point.
I get the impression that Guardiola has given up on Stones now. He was nowhere to be seen at the business end of the season, and they're now looking at spending big on a partner for Laporte.

He needs to get himself over to Spain, otherwise he's going to end up becoming an upmarket Eric Dier in England.

I get the impression that Guardiola has given up on Stones now. He was nowhere to be seen at the business end of the season, and they're now looking at spending big on a partner for Laporte.

He needs to get himself over to Spain, otherwise he's going to end up becoming an upmarket Eric Dier in England.
he was injured, up till that point he was first choice but he's the go to blame-e for the 'proper defender' brigade

Agreed.

He didn't do too badly in the end, but I think it's better for all concerned if he moves on. He abandoned 'Sarri Ball' after their mid-season slump, and without that level of performance to strive for, his obsession with 4-3-3, like-for-like subs and Jorginho become pointless.

he was injured, up till that point he was first choice but he's the go to blame-e for the 'proper defender' brigade
He was, but looking at Who Scored, he was back in the squad at the beginning of March, and they had both Kompany and Otamendi ahead of him during the run-in.

We'll have to wait and see what happens next season, but I don't think he's got much of a future at City. He still carries the ball exceptionally well for a centre-back, but overall he hasn't progressed much since his time at Everton.

@FOXINPEACE is Maguire usually on the left or right side for Leicester? In my head, he's always on the left, which makes it odd that City would be after him, seeing as though Laporte starts every game. I still underrate him based on his ungainly appearance, but his range of passing is superb and he's great in the air.

He was, but looking at Who Scored, he was back in the squad at the beginning of March, and they had both Kompany and Otamendi ahead of him during the run-in.

We'll have to wait and see what happens next season, but I don't think he's got much of a future at City. He still carries the ball exceptionally well for a centre-back, but overall he hasn't progressed much since his time at Everton.

@FOXINPEACE is Maguire usually on the left or right side for Leicester? In my head, he's always on the left, which makes it odd that City would be after him, seeing as though Laporte starts every game. I still underrate him based on his ungainly appearance, but his range of passing is superb and he's great in the air.
Yeah he plays left sided for us

They’re not appointing Lampard are they??

Over the next month or so we will see if Lampard's head is screwed on. No way he should accept that job until he has had a few years on the job training. Can't really win in that job, he needs a reputation first that will see him at another decent club if it turns sour. Chelsea's best player has left and they are on a two window transfer ban. What could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back