Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bale's driving the bus on where he lands, Bayern is certainly the more desirable landing spot from a competitive point of view.

Bayern can afford his wages with Robben and Ribery coming off the books, but I have a really hard time seeing them blowing up their wage scale to compete with what United could throw at him. Woodward has a mandate to sell tickets. Bayern considers that form of revenue-maximizing to be gauche.

If Nymzee is correct and Ole actually has final say over transfer policy, then a) good for United and b) I agree that United will pass. We'll learn something about United's current identity with either outcome, to be sure.
I think that’s the key issue here: while they can afford his wages, I’m not sure they’d be happy doing so knowing that his demands will be large.

Bale is still terrific player (in my opinion) but on those wages and with his injury record he gonna be massive risk for anyone. Maybe only if Real decide to subside part of his wage in their desperation to get rid of him

Any club taking Bale would be stupid to do so on those wages, Madrid want to get rid, they have for years so they'll be subsidising his move until his contract ends with them unless they're giving him away for free.

Any club taking Bale would be stupid to do so on those wages, Madrid want to get rid, they have for years so they'll be subsidising his move until his contract ends with them unless they're giving him away for free.

Same as anyone buying Mccarthy really, you take the risk that when they're fit they could be a bargain.

Bargain...

BLADES SIGN MOUSSET

Sheffield United have confirmed the signing of Bournemouth forward Lys Mousset for a free rising to £9.5m.

Mousset, who scored 5 goals in 71 Bournemouth appearances, has passed his Blades medical
And people criticise DCL... he'd be a £35 mill player going by that.

There’s some serious bad blood between Zidane and Bale, for whatever reason. Wouldn’t surprise me if Bale rejects a transfer out just to stay in Zidane’s face until the end of his contract. Bale’s already said once, if reports are to be believed, that he’ll willingly spend the remainder of his contract with the reserves just to prove a point. He’s won everything in football already so who knows if he’s still hungry enough to take a step down from RM to play....

I see Fekir is hoping Napoli come in for him otherwise he’s off to Real Betis. But if a decline from signing for Liverpool. Just shows how careful you have to be with recruitment. An absolute star name one window can be a completely different prospect a year later. I don’t see any of the big clubs queueing up for Lozano Belfodil etc. now.

Right, what is actually going on here? Sheff Utd have bought a Bournemouth back up striker for £10m. He's scored 5 goals in 3 years. We have a lot of pretty good backup players, you look at players like mirallas and they're definitely good enough for sheff utd anyway. But why are all the teams giving Bournemouth oscbene amounts for crap. Why do we keep getting tight foreign teams after our players.

The only thing I can think is brands' opinion about paying bigger fees on players with smaller wages.

Super unpopular opinion but, besides the injuries, I rate Carrol. He's completely dominating in the air, has good control with the ball at his feet.

The caveat being "besides the injuries". I'd never want us to sign him as we already have too many complete and utter sick notes at the club.

*re-reading this, I might mention i ratED Carrol. Not anymore, he's done*
He's basically Duncan Ferguson.

375k a week for 6 years for De Gea. Lol

It's wonderful isn't it? :)
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that this another huge contract offered at United after the cap on wages was removed from the Premier League FFP rules is just a coincidence? No reason has been given why this rule has been dropped and no 'investigative journalist' has bothered to look into it either.
It's happened exactly at a time when United are not in the CL and need to throw silly money around to keep the players they have and attract new ones. Suddenly the rules are changed. As I say just a coincidence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back