Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he would have been expected to play 90 mins in the Russian league last week so he should be virtually fully fit. Certainly fit enough to run around for 15 mins which he didn't do. Not winding up, just genuinely concerned that we've spunked £15 odd million on a dud.
I guess we'll have to wait and see mate, often there is also an adjustment period as players get used to the pace of the league.
Judge him after half a season/a season.

Typical polarised views from Everton fans: either he's already been written off by one judgement, or you're not allowed any concerns or criticisms.

Yes it is far too early to judge his overall talent and potential impact from what we've seen, and anyone who does so is arguably far too impatient.

Yet on the other hand, first impressions in life are important and personally Nissae didn't give a very good account of himself last week.

Is that unfair or unjust? In my humble opinion no, I'm just saying what I saw but I am in no way righting him off. I sincerely hope he does well!

However his performance against West Ham, regardless of the managers own errors and the difficult position, looked somewhat lacklustre.

Simply it raised concerns... nothing wrong with that. As I said, before I hope it was an off day hope he proves all the knee-jerk reactions wrong.
Sometimes you just have to use a bit of common sense. It's way too soon to judge him, he's had hardly any minutes and it's the biggest move of his career. People already getting on his back is ridiculous in my opinion. But inevitably players are going to be judged as soon (or often before in our case) as they step over the white line regardless of fitness, adjusting to a new country, team, life. I suppose that's just the nature of football we all want results to go our way straight away. In reality things take time.

For me his performance against west ham is on Martinez. He must see he's not ready yet but chucked him on in a game we needed everyone to be at close to a top level with us being a man down. There were other players available who he could have put on who would have been more reliable in that situation. I'm all for niasse getting minutes but don't really think it's wise or fair to use him in that situation. Fans are already starting to base an opinion on niasse because of the west ham game so it's not been a good start to his career at everton which isn't fair to the lad imo.

But he would have been expected to play 90 mins in the Russian league last week so he should be virtually fully fit. Certainly fit enough to run around for 15 mins which he didn't do. Not winding up, just genuinely concerned that we've spunked £15 odd million on a dud.

The pace of the Russian League is nothing compared to the Prem...

It's just like a player having to do a mini pre-season, but they're having to work twice as hard in half the time to get fit for a league which, intensity and quality wise, is a whole different level.

It's why the decision to bring him on the other day was so stupid. The intensity of the game, at that point, required a player who knew who had PL experience.

His game time will come, possibly more towards the end of the season, but we won't see anything major from him until next term. Then we can judge.

Why is everyone so keen to stifle debate or different opinions? Is everyone who questions Martinez' record or his decisions a hater?

Are you not slightly worried about Niasse's quality based on first impressions? I am concerned. He doesn't move like a professional footballer for me. Doesn't seem to have the balance and doesn't seem to take up good positions. The only excuse he can have is fitness but the Russian season restarted last week so he should be fit.

I always give players a chance but I can't remember seeing anyone have a less impressive start to his Everton career.

I agree he didn't look great for the limited amount of time he had on the pitch but I'll at least hold back on slating the player until he's had more of a run out and at least hopefully a couple of starts.

I didn't agree with RM bringing him on when he did and thought it was a baffling decision when he had other options open to him. I totally get why some people are concerned about how he performed last week I just don't like seeing our new signings being written off before they've even had a proper chance.

I don't think anyone who questions RM's decisions is a hater either. I question a lot of his decisions myself, despite trying to be patient with him, but I think a lot of posters are so wrapped up in the debate over RM that some of the anti RM crowd will latch on to anything they can use against the manager, even if it means jumping on to a new players back after so few minutes on the pitch.

The pace of the Russian League is nothing compared to the Prem...

It's just like a player having to do a mini pre-season, but they're having to work twice as hard in half the time to get fit for a league which, intensity and quality wise, is a whole different level.

It's why the decision to bring him on the other day was so stupid. The intensity of the game, at that point, required a player who knew who had PL experience.

His game time will come, possibly more towards the end of the season, but we won't see anything major from him until next term. Then we can judge.

I agree, we might not see the best of him until next season but I'd still like to see the odd nice touch or pass in the meantime. If i don't see that I'm afraid I'll continue to judge.

Some of our very good players have had inauspicious starts. Give him time. Chelsea et al wouldn't of sniffed around him for nowt. I remember being in the top balc thinking we'd bought the Scottish Rooney against Leeds o_O I also though Jags was rubbish.

Dr.EFC is spot on! jags stunk the place out when he satretd playing for us, as did Dave Watson. the russian league is slower and i have no intention of judging this lad this season! At least do him the courtesy of letting him get a full pre-season under his belt! I am incredibly frustrated at the way this eason has gone, but its not this lads fault! Dont make him a target for the boo boys jyst yet please! If we do, then we are finished as a club, becaue who the hell would want to joj knowing they will be crucified after just two appearances?

Hahahaha. He's hardly played any minutes whatsoever in England you lemons.

This is like Fellaini all over again. Why don't you give him time like any reasonable person would rather than letting your anxiety get the better of you and rushing out to declare him a dud?

It's not difficult to have reasonable opinion, even if it seems a little boring and against the grain of what your guru Robbie Savage preaches.

Some of you are barely into pubes yet reckon you're a top European scout off two sub appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back