Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging a player on a few minutes at the end of a game is hardly sensible though is it? I mean it's not like there isn't enough evidence of the need for players to settle into new clubs, new leagues and so on, but you then judge him in the arse end of games when he barely has a touch.

Totally agree! I remember there were people on here coming out with similar rubbish about James McCarthy when he came on for the last 10-15 minutes of his first game after he signed! He was never going to make it - not good enough for Everton etc! Let Oumar have a full pre season, play a few full games before passing any sort of judgement!

Last edited:
Totally agree! I remember there were people on here coming out with similar rubbish about James McCarthy when he came on for the last 10-15 minutes of his first game after he signed! He was never going to make it - not good enough for Everton etc! Let Oumar have a full pre season, play a few full games before passing any sort of judgement!

I'm just not sure what it is we're expecting from him. I don't think players that have been here for years do much when they're given a few minutes at the end of the game, so why would we expect a newbie to do any more?

I'm just not sure what it is we're expecting from him. I don't think players that have been here for years do much when they're given a few minutes at the end of the game, so why would we expect a newbie to do any more?

Not miracles, just the odd nice touch or pass would be nice. I remember when Arteta made his debut against WBA away. Came on for 10 or 15 mins at the end of the game. Could tell he was class straight away just by how much time he had on the ball and he hit a couple of nice passes. I really hope Niasse proves me wrong and is a big hit but nobody can deny that he has looked awful so far. Literally could not have contributed less.

Anyone who doesn't have even a slight doubt about him is lying.

Not miracles, just the odd nice touch or pass would be nice. I remember when Arteta made his debut against WBA away. Came on for 10 or 15 mins at the end of the game. Could tell he was class straight away just by how much time he had on the ball and he hit a couple of nice passes. I really hope Niasse proves me wrong and is a big hit but nobody can deny that he has looked awful so far. Literally could not have contributed less.

Oh look it's you again spouting absolute tosh about a player who's barely seen the pitch.

I suspect there's a spectrum, something like this:

He's bloody awful----------------------Undecided---------------------He's bloody amazing

I'm going out on a limb, but I suspect most people are firmly in the undecided account seeing as he's a new player, in a new league, from a new country, and has been on the pitch for a handful of minutes at most in each of his performances thus far.

I don't think anyone is saying he's a world beater or even that they've seen anything from him to suggest he is, merely that he hasn't really had enough of a chance to say either way. I'm not really sure why it's so hard to just give the lad a bit of time.

Little bit annoying that we've signed someone who's still not fit with 8 games remaining, but no way has he played enough for anyone to be writing him off.

Niasse has barely featured and when he has its in a position that's hard to quantify without goals. I would at least give him a season WITH a full preseason behind him. This chat is hugely unfair on the lad.

I suspect there's a spectrum, something like this:

He's bloody awful----------------------Undecided---------------------He's bloody amazing

I'm going out on a limb, but I suspect most people are firmly in the undecided account seeing as he's a new player, in a new league, from a new country, and has been on the pitch for a handful of minutes at most in each of his performances thus far.

I don't think anyone is saying he's a world beater or even that they've seen anything from him to suggest he is, merely that he hasn't really had enough of a chance to say either way. I'm not really sure why it's so hard to just give the lad a bit of time.

That Besic and his back heel prove that he's an awful player like.

your having a shocker over there. how has he looked awful??
hes also not a player whos been brought in to 'hit a couple of nice passes' in a role like arteta. that's not his game is it.

like others have said judge him when hes had a good run in the team.

passed the lie detector also.

All joking aside, obviously you have a screw loose if you're judging him based on the minutes he's had so far.

Sure, I'd understand it if we'd bought an established Premier League player you'd seen loads of elsewhere, but this is a guy who 99% of us have seen absolutely nothing of.

I have doubts about him based on a combination of the video clips, what he's done on a pitch for us thus far and the league he's coming in from - all of which are negatives right now, sure - but to actually come to a conclusion on him and say anything conclusively at this point is just stupid.

your having a shocker over there. how has he looked awful??
hes also not a player whos been brought in to 'hit a couple of nice passes' in a role like arteta. that's not his game is it.

like others have said judge him when hes had a good run in the team.

passed the lie detector also.

To be fair, he has looked awful. That's different from saying he is awful, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back