Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on who would sign. The current climate wouldn't be very encouraging for many.

why not? New investor with loads of money; quality squad who's vastly underachieved in the last two seasons; poor quality league; one of the best strikers in that league (the position which needs the bets scouting); lots of youngsters who have amazing sell-on value if the worst comes to worse.

Based on our last two seasons, any manager could easily come in, get us to qualify for the champions league without really making much amendments and be seen as a massive success.

It doesn't surprise me to hear that you think Everton couldn't attract a top manager. Your interpretation of who we are as a club is way off.

Did I say that? I said we currently have a manager under contract.

Would Mourinho be interested in this job? I honestly don't think so.

Perhaps it is you that is interpreting things wrongly. I've been an Everton supporter for 34 years now. We do not have the same stature as we did in the 80's.

But hey ho...you think 5th is mid table, so you live in an alternate universe from me.

Niasse though...guess we'll see...it's a shame folks are turning on the lad already. Joke really.

Did I say that? I said we currently have a manager under contract.

Would Mourinho be interested in this job? I honestly don't think so.

Perhaps it is you that is interpreting things wrongly. I've been an Everton supporter for 34 years now. We do not have the same stature as we did in the 80's.

But hey ho...you think 5th is mid table, so you live in an alternate universe from me.

Niasse though...guess we'll see...it's a shame folks are turning on the lad already. Joke really.

You said that we would struggle to attract a manager in the current climate, that climate being one where 13 million pound is supposedly peanuts and we have our best squad in a long time. If you have been an Everton supporter for 34 years, then you should know that the tripe that Martinez is serving up is nowhere near good enough, and that expecting to finish in the top half doesn't make you a Geordie.

I maintain that 5th place is upper mid-table, and it's a comment that is similar to Davek's insistence that there is no difference in 5th and 15th, other than about 20 million pound if you factor in the following season's European tour. Everton should be aiming for higher than 5th, they certainly shouldn't be accepting of bottom half finishes, not at a time when we actually have the means to compete with the rest of the league.

You said that we would struggle to attract a manager in the current climate, that climate being one where 13 million pound is supposedly peanuts and we have our best squad in a long time. If you have been an Everton supporter for 34 years, then you should know that the tripe that Martinez is serving up is nowhere near good enough, and that expecting to finish in the top half doesn't make you a Geordie.

I maintain that 5th place is upper mid-table, and it's a comment that is similar to Davek's insistence that there is no difference in 5th and 15th, other than about 20 million pound if you factor in the following season's European tour. Everton should be aiming for higher than 5th, they certainly shouldn't be accepting of bottom half finishes, not at a time when we actually have the means to compete with the rest of the league.

Let's talk about Niasse...ya know, the topic.

Upper mid table now...lol @ you

Off topic and flagged.

Ive no position on him, whether I think he is crap or great. I just find it very odd that 2 months after signing he still can't get more than a token appearance here or there. He's our third biggest transfer ever. I made the same claim back in February when it was touted 'he's still not fit, but YOU lot know more than our physios' was the retort. You'd think after 2 months he'd be able to play a larger role than he is..

Wouldn't be surprised if its another Ricky VanWolfswinkle thing where the other club buys him back for the same price we paid..

Still laughing at some self loathing "Evertonians" genuinely writing him off based on less than an hour of football for us.

Maybe he will come good, maybe he won't. Looking forward to seeing more of him though.

Perhaps it is you that is still stuck in the 80's.

Niasse though...hopefully we'll get to see what he offers soon.

No, I definitely think that we are in 2016 and not 2003, like some other people do.

I personally think Niasse is going to struggle for a first team place with Cleverley being in such blistering form.

Still laughing at some self loathing "Evertonians" genuinely writing him off based on less than an hour of football for us.

Maybe he will come good, maybe he won't. Looking forward to seeing more of him though.
I agree. I just don't get the signing myself right now. Usually a big transfer player will be brought in and played a lot. He hasn't. Almost at all. You'd have to say it's a bit peculiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back