Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand this, surely when Niasse signed he was 'fit' but just needed to get up to 'match fitness' the only way you get match fitness is by actually playing matches, whether that's in the U21s, or getting at least 20/30 minutes off the bench.

It's just another one of those decisions that has you scratching your head in regards to Martinez.
Clear smokescreen for me

Heard him say on the radio that Oumar is getting up to speed and we should see him next season

Bizarre that he should sign him in January,I mean it's not as if we beat anyone to his signature by getting him early

Funny that because I was told yesterday that we're already looking to get rid of him.

The other players have the same opinion as the fans apparently.

Funny that because I was told yesterday that we're already looking to get rid of him.

The other players have the same opinion as the fans apparently.
And who would take him? He's earning loads in England and his girlfriend lives in Manchester? Even if we could find a buyer I don't see him wanting to move on.

The problem is that Martinez seems unwilling to give him a chance even when Koné is still able to get a game. That's the concern.
It was a wind up mate,we've got far too many buffers playing already without putting a pudding on the pitch with them

Don't understand this, surely when Niasse signed he was 'fit' but just needed to get up to 'match fitness' the only way you get match fitness is by actually playing matches, whether that's in the U21s, or getting at least 20/30 minutes off the bench.

It's just another one of those decisions that has you scratching your head in regards to Martinez.
When he first arrived (with a splint on his wrist FFS!) we were told that there was a "paperwork issue" that stopped him being involved straight away. Clearly he was in fact carrying a wrist injury. In the time that injury has taken to heal (presuming it HAS healed) he has somehow lost so much fitness that he can't start a game, or come on for more than ten minutes as a sub. So why is he even on the bench?

This transfer has been woeful all round - ono-one comes out of it with any credit. Cannot believe we sold Naismith and used every penny, plus £5m MORE, to buy this pudding. As another poster said, January transfers should hit the ground running and contribute upon arrival: even Jelavic managed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back