Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niasse will be on the bench at Wembley, even though Martinez will have no intention of giving him any game time, and the sad thing is, his place could be given to one of the young lads who is actually fit enough to play.

....I can't be having it that this bloke isn't fit, he's a full time professional training daily. Unless he's going to play in goal a sore wrist is not an issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-signings-in-the-January-transfer-window.html

I've been looking over the interviews Martinez gave regarding the January window.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez will dip into the transfer market next month to provide cover for striker Arouna Kone and midfielder Darron Gibson, both of whom are out with long-term knee injuries.

Martinez has virtually ruled out Kone's return before the end of the campaign with Gibson also seemingly likely to struggle to be back in the current season.

It leaves Martinez's squad short on numbers and he will strengthen when the transfer window opens.

"We are going to use the window in January to try to help the team because we lost two players for the long term," said the Spaniard.

"Arouna and Darron are two very important players for us so we will try to see if we can identify one or two players that can help the group.

Both of these players he mentions as possibly not being involved for the season played more minutes yesterday than Niasse has since signing.

Would seriously not shock me if this lad is shipped out in the summer if Martinez does get sacked, honestly. Something about this transfer really doesn't seem right.

We spend £13m on a player who turns up apparently so unfit that he can't even play half an hour in a meaningless game? There are also unsettling rumours floating about that he's absolute gash in training and those at Finch Farm want to send him to train with the U21s?! Didn't believe that personally until yesterday when I noticed that he didn't speak to anyone at all when on the pitch at half time doing his warm up. In the 2nd hall as well Barkley came up to him on the touchline and told him to go back to the bench where he stayed until FT. What is going on FFS?

I know, but it just wouldn't seem right for Martinez to have Niasse on the bench in an fa cup final, and the chance of winning a medal, when he is supposedly not fit/ready to even start a league game, or even play any significant part in a league game.

.....let's worry about that if we get the final but he might just come on and score the winner, it's the type of thing that happens in the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back