Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is time to put Niasse to one side. Forget him until next season. We'll see what he is like then. We are only torturing ourselves trying to apply logic to us purchasing him at that time.

Kanch was Ukranian not Russian , I think
Interesting thing about Kanchelskis is he was born in (what is now) Ukraine to Lithuanian parents, started his career in Ukraine with Kiyv and Shakhtar before moving to Man United.. and he of course played internationally with the Soviet Union and the 'CIS', but he did decide to play for Russia rather than Ukraine after the dissolve of the Soviet Union. So.. I'm not really sure what he considers himself personally but I reckon he'd call himself a Russian.. could be wrong though..

Interesting thing about Kanchelskis is he was born in (what is now) Ukraine to Lithuanian parents, started his career in Ukraine with Kiyv and Shakhtar before moving to Man United.. and he of course played internationally with the Soviet Union and the 'CIS', but he did decide to play for Russia rather than Ukraine after the dissolve of the Soviet Union. So.. I'm not really sure what he considers himself personally but I reckon he'd call himself a Russian.. could be wrong though..

He manages in the lower leagues in Russia mate, so given the relationship between the two countries for those high profuile figures who work in the other country then yeah i would say he regards himself as a Russian first - he wouldn't be working here if he didn't IMO

Mourinho will have him banging in goals for fun next season. Don't worry.

How we're going to offload him to united is what you should be worrying about.

Maybe Martinez wants to bring him in when we are playing well and in a no pressure situation. If we were to give him a full debut at goodison or when it really matters - which is every game atm - and he doesn't play well it could destroy him mentally. Maybe he is mentally fragile? Just a theory like.
Everton are a professional football club, not a rehabilitation centre. Mentally fragile, goodness me.

If he was capable of playing for his Russian side, then he's capable of playing for us. I assume he was a regular prior to the Russian winter break?

The guy looks a waste of money, but I've got no problem with the actual comments Roberto has made, I mean calls for the press to grill him over the player, what would that achieve?
Would it help the situation if Roberto cracks under questioning and admits the guy is garbage?

He can't really say anything other than what he has in reality. Remember we'd still need to sell the guy.
I think long term if RM admits it's been a huge mistake and this leads to his sacking/resignation it'll be a good thing for the club even taking into account the money we'll lose trying to move him on at a substantial loss. .....Oumar not Roberto

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is time to put Niasse to one side. Forget him until next season. We'll see what he is like then. We are only torturing ourselves trying to apply logic to us purchasing him at that time.

So if you paid someone a large amount of money to complete a service for you and they took your money and said, we will sit on your money for a few months and see if we have time later in the year, you would be ok with that. ?

RM press conferences get more and more bizarre "He has had a better moment this week, we would hope pre-season and a couple of months of the new season will see us get the best out of him, incredible talent and attitude and a real desire to learn."
I am beginning to understand Martinez's rubbish now. For the quote "he has a real desire to learn " (substitute) "he is completely useless and we need to go back to basics"

This transfer reminds me a bit of one of those episodes of cowboy builders where some unsuspecting couple have spend most of their savings on an extension and ended up with a big pile of junk in the garden and no roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back