Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see now that the press have started to sharpen their knives for the final onslaught on Martinez they are starting to ask questions about Niasse. We might get some answers. I'd love to know what happened.

Sounds like a load of nonsense to me.
It's not as if he was picked up off the streets and sold as a footballer when he had never kicked a ball in his life.

He was playing in a professional league, a league that has some excellent teams in it. He scored goals in this league. Everton had the opportunity to scout him and I am sure they did. They were not forced to buy the player they chose to do so and agreed the price.

Are people suggesting that we have a scenario similar to the " Gay Future " situation of a number of years ago. Did somebody deliberately paint over the blaze running down his forehead to make him look like a different footballer.

The fraud thing just doesn't seem plausible.

It's not as if he was picked up off the streets and sold as a footballer when he had never kicked a ball in his life.

He was playing in a professional league, a league that has some excellent teams in it. He scored goals in this league. Everton had the opportunity to scout him and I am sure they did. They were not forced to buy the player they chose to do so and agreed the price.

Are people suggesting that we have a scenario similar to the " Gay Future " situation of a number of years ago. Did somebody deliberately paint over the blaze running down his forehead to make him look like a different footballer.

It cant be fraud. Thats sheer lunacy.

To be honest, even if Niasse turns out to be good, i am amazed we paid £13mil for him when there are much better alternatives out there for only a bit more money.

The slimani link when we bid £13mil made sense but went for Niasse at the same price (our budget) however for a little more money or even a wait till the summer and we could have been signing proven quality.

Such an odd choice of player and @bluestevon said at the time hes a £5mil punt really which should add weight to the fact that the signing didnt make sense in the first place. At 25 he wasnt a young kid nor was he a proven player.

He's our "Jo".

If so as ridiculous as the story is it doesn't say much for what those involved think of black players does it or indeed black people in general

.......it would take some negotiation to shift him off a mega bucks contract working around the corner from where his wife lives. I reckon we'd have to pay him lots and lots of money to go back so that wouldn't be as straightforward as it seems.

This..... 100%

I get the feeling he's being used as a crook to beat Roberto with. Slightly unfairly for him.

While it's worrying about his lack of game time, given our appalling play recently, subbing him on wouldn't do anyone much good. I'm still hopeful he turns out okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back