Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.

Sometimes takes an outsider to see the wood for the trees.

It was 'kin ludicrous to bad mouth him when we required to shift him on. Still, Mr Koeman had to show he's top dog I suppose.

Yeah I don't understand our stance on this one either. Having seen Valencia and Kone playing this season it seems our treatment of Niasse is disproportionately cruel. Think it was Koeman either making a statement to the board, making a statement to a member of the scouting network, an effort to smear Martinez, or a statement to please the fans. It was unnecessary and has damaged Niasse's value in the market. More than that I don't like seeing players treated this way by Everton. We should be better than that. Fine if a manager doesn't rate a player but this modern phenomenon of completely disowning players who aren't in favour is a bit repugnant and does scream 'look at me'.

Yeah I don't understand our stance on this one either. Having seen Valencia and Kone playing this season it seems our treatment of Niasse is disproportionately cruel. Think it was Koeman either making a statement to the board, making a statement to a member of the scouting network, an effort to smear Martinez, or a statement to please the fans. It was unnecessary and has damaged Niasse's value in the market. More than that I don't like seeing players treated this way by Everton. We should be better than that. Fine if a manager doesn't rate a player but this modern phenomenon of completely disowning players who aren't in favour is a bit repugnant and does scream 'look at me'.

Good points there. It only takes a few injuries and he is back in the first team squad for a game.

I'd personally give him a chance in 1st team he's no worse than Kone or Valencia. If we are to attract interest he needs to be playing even if it's just 10-15 minutes at the end of games.

I wouldnt even let him train with us.

At this point I would just send him home and tell him to wait by his phone till January till somebody rings.

We are a mulit-million pound business, not a creche for useless footballers.

upload_2016-10-11_16-47-34.webp

He came across very well in his interview. He seems rather humble and willing to put his head down and get on with it. Yes, he earns a lot of money, but he's still human and its tough to be frozen out without a locker or deal with racism. Everton gave him a multi-year contract and if he's not satisfied with the alternative offers (whether due to money or footballing reasons), he's entitled to stay and wait for others to appear. He shows a lot more respect to Everton in that interview than many of our current players do when on international break.

You aren't wrong mate, i am not disagreeing with you on your point.

but as i said before to someone else, Koeman has come in, seen Niasse for 45 minutes in 1 preseason game and told him to pack his bags. The same manager who still has Kone as a striking option! there is something far more than meets the eye in this situation, not as simple as just that he is no good because koeman would not have known that after 45 minutes.

and personally i believe Niasse had no intention of leaving us. I refer to the Bogarde situation. Where he got offered a huge wage beyond what he expected, then told he was not in the managers plans. Knowing he would have to take a paycut elsewhere, he travelled from holland every single day, trained, then flew back, for his 80k. Naisse is doing the same

I think thats very harsh personally.

Most pros wouldnt turn out for the U23s like he does. He is trying to knuckle down and do what is asked of him.

I think what needs to be remembered when people mention he is staying for the money is that if the rumours are true and he has knocked back some loan deals (Palace, Hull, West Brom allegedly..) he would be picking up the same money as he is on now if he was to go out on loan so he is not knocking these options back for monetary reasons.

Id be surprised if anybody came in with a concrete offer for him. Why would they? We are actively advertising the fact that he is the worst player ever.

Who is he?

Hes not 1 of us, we have no ties to him, hes not a local lad, we owe him nothing but the millions he gets paid a week.

I watched players who earned less in their whole career than he does in a week lift titles for us, hes an after thought to me.

HE HASNT GOT A LOCKER!!

:(:(:(

Another case of him needing to go to his inner voice rather than blurt it all out to a journalist if they happen to ask a leading question.

This whole situation is poor and a real shambles. The whole saga from start to finish just stinks, I can't understand how a scout thought he wasworth 13.5m, mind = blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back