Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously didn't read all through this thread, but could anyone agree that it's not his fault we paid such a big fee for him? That'll put pressure on any kid. Given, he's a professional and should perform as one, but I feel like coming in on a fee that (outrageously and ridiculously) high, it's a very steep, slippery slope. One slip and you won't hear the end of it, and it's really a perpetual fall to the bottom. In this case, the bottom is scoring semi-regularly for the U23s and not getting a locker to put your stuff in.

End of the day, is it all that bad? Probably not.
Does he get his money at a fraction of the expectations that were initially on his shoulders? Absolutely yes.
If he doesn't want to move permanently, why doesn't he go on loan? You got me there. He won't be under 23 forever.

Reactions: Sy-
Are you mad!!!!
Maybe! I dunno. He got a decent contract, fair and square. Everton want to end it but he doesn't. Stones had a contract that Everton wanted to keep but he didn't. I think the players ability clouds our opinion of what the right thing to do is.
Niasse is awful at football but he is well within his rights to see out his contract. Trying to force him out by making his life miserable is pretty low in my book. I'm surprised his U23 team mates are alright with a fellow team mate being treated like that.

What's HORRENDOUS about his working environment? Not having a locker? I don't have one in my work either yet most of my colleagues do yet I don't feel horribly hard done by.

People are going well over the top with this, you'd think the club are refusing to feed him FFS. He's on £55000 a week, having to put gear in his bag is hardly abuse of workers' rights.

"Higher, higher!!"

Obviously didn't read all through this thread, but could anyone agree that it's not his fault we paid such a big fee for him? That'll put pressure on any kid. Given, he's a professional and should perform as one, but I feel like coming in on a fee that (outrageously and ridiculously) high, it's a very steep, slippery slope. One slip and you won't hear the end of it, and it's really a perpetual fall to the bottom. In this case, the bottom is scoring semi-regularly for the U23s and not getting a locker to put your stuff in.

End of the day, is it all that bad? Probably not.
Does he get his money at a fraction of the expectations that were initially on his shoulders? Absolutely yes.
If he doesn't want to move permanently, why doesn't he go on loan? You got me there. He won't be under 23 forever.

He isnt under 23 now...

There are two aspects to most job circumstances - the legal stuff that is binding in law the accepted ways of doing things within the relevant culture.
The legal side here is obviously clear and neither side appears to have broken the conditions.
The accepted ways of doing things in football are not legally binding - any more than using your manners is. 99 times out of a 100 the player knows there is no future at a club and moves on to everyones benefit. If the club is thought to be unreasonable then the player probably takes it up quietly through the PFA or his agent and if the club thinks the player is being unreasonable then it puts pressure on in ways like this as there isn't much alternative leverage. That's life and all sides know those 'rules'.
To be fair to Niasse he hasn't made a big fuss and he comes out th interview quite well. But it's an adult world and he needs to move on.
My feeling is that's it's sad that what he hoped would be a dream move hasn't worked out and we should just accept that ans get away from the culture of needing to put blame on someone all the time.
Worth bearing in mind that you can reduce mistakes by never taking risks. Football without risk? Decide that for yourselves.

Maybe! I dunno. He got a decent contract, fair and square. Everton want to end it but he doesn't. Stones had a contract that Everton wanted to keep but he didn't. I think the players ability clouds our opinion of what the right thing to do is.
Niasse is awful at football but he is well within his rights to see out his contract. Trying to force him out by making his life miserable is pretty low in my book. I'm surprised his U23 team mates are alright with a fellow team mate being treated like that.
Yes mate he is within his rights to see his contract out, and the club know this that's why they are trying to get rid in any way they can..
If Bill the 'Blue' and the Phenomenal fella were at the reigns then maybe the we could be paying good money to watch what could one of the worst players to wear the shirt. Koeman doesn't want him anywhere near the 1st team training never mind the team so he must be dreadful..
Again why should the club make it comfortable for a player to sit and take 50K a week when he will have zero input..
Whoever on the board sanctioned this deal should be sacked immediately!!

Yes mate he is within his rights to see his contract out, and the club know this that's why they are trying to get rid in any way they can..
If Bill the 'Blue' and the Phenomenal fella were at the reigns then maybe the we could be paying good money to watch what could one of the worst players to wear the shirt. Koeman doesn't want him anywhere near the 1st team training never mind the team so he must be dreadful..
Again why should the club make it comfortable for a player to sit and take 50K a week when he will have zero input..
Whoever on the board sanctioned this deal should be sacked immediately!!

Their point was in relation to the Stones situation and double standards though. If you said "The club is within their rights to hold Stones to his contract, and Stones knows this and is trying to get out of the contract any way he can"...that is the reverse situation, no? Ruairi is saying a lot of fans would be freaking if Stones had been doing anything he can to get out of the contract, but it's likely many of the same fans are being hypocritical when it comes to this situation and the clubs actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back