Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that whatever the chatter around him ,Niasse is utterly irrelevant to the future of Everton Football Club. He will never play for the 1st team again(quite rightly). Other than an amusing forum diversion, I personally couldn't care less about him. Move on.

Do we still have an affliation with the Central Coast Mariners in the Australian A League.

Could we not ship him off to OZ

Wednesday, 4 February 2015 -
@CCMariners

The Central Coast Mariners are proud to announce an official partnership with English Premier League’s Everton Football club that will have player development at the forefront of the relationship.

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...1cs5qn14ev2t5zq31mt9nsii3#TqGVChKUdES28bKT.99
The mariners finished somewhere near the bottom of the table last season. Think they'd prefer players that made them better.

If it wasn't about money he'd be playing at another premier league club (like he wanted) on £5k a week now.

Sorry this is nonsense and a point that many people seem to be missing.

Allegedly a few clubs came in for him from the premier league (Palace, Hull, West Brom) if this was the case and he joined one of them he would be picking up exactly the same amount as is he now as we would still be paying his wages. Yet he is still playing for the U23's and doing what is asked of him so its pretty obvious he is not just sitting on his backside picking up his cash. That really cant be leveled at him can it?

Probably no concrete offers came in for him because we have bizarrely painted him out to be some kind of clown who has never kicked a ball in his life. Who would want him after that?

Do we still have an affliation with the Central Coast Mariners in the Australian A League.

Could we not ship him off to OZ

Wednesday, 4 February 2015 -
@CCMariners

The Central Coast Mariners are proud to announce an official partnership with English Premier League’s Everton Football club that will have player development at the forefront of the relationship.

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...1cs5qn14ev2t5zq31mt9nsii3#TqGVChKUdES28bKT.99

Unless he wants to move to the other side of the world (baring in mind he came here to be closer to his wife) I very much doubt that we can force him into it.

I'd rather see Dowell or even McAleny, Tarashaj or Henen get a game than this joke

Prefer to pick players you have barely seen ahead of players you have barely seen. Thats what it boils down to really.

Dowell or Tarashaj yeah maybe (and at least you are realising that Niasse is more of a wide man...) McAleny cant even get a start for the U23's and Henen struggled at Fleetwood.

Allegedly a few clubs came in for him from the premier league (Palace, Hull, West Brom) if this was the case and he joined one of them he would be picking up exactly the same amount as is he now as we would still be paying his wages. Yet he is still playing for the U23's and doing what is asked of him so its pretty obvious he is not just sitting on his backside picking up his cash. That really cant be leveled at him can it?

Probably no concrete offers came in for him because we have bizarrely painted him out to be some kind of clown who has never kicked a ball in his life. Who would want him after that?
He knows quiet well that he's not going to get anywhere near the first team regardless of how he performs with the U23s, so for him to say he is going to keep his head down and keep working is the right thing to say to keep picking up his 50K a week, because his next contract wherever that maybe wont even be half of that!!
If my employer was massively over paying me for a job I was out of my depth with, I would be telling them I will prove them wrong to try and hang on to my massive salary!!!!

He knows quiet well that he's not going to get anywhere near the first team regardless of how he performs with the U23s, so for him to say he is going to keep his head down and keep working is the right thing to say to keep picking up his 50K a week, because his next contract wherever that maybe wont even be half of that!!
If my employer was massively over paying me for a job I was out of my depth with, I would be telling them I will prove them wrong to try and hang on to my massive salary!!!!

Indeed, but he could be turning out for another premier league club on loan for exactly the same pay as he is on here. If it was Hull or West Brom (ie somewhere that he would still be in commuting distance of) then there would be zero reason for him to not go there which tells me that no viable offer came in.

Why should he go back to Turkey or whatever other exotic places allegedly came in for him if that's not where he wants to be?

As opposed to doing mock-up racist pictures of him as a voodoo witch doctor as you have?

Bore off you tedious hypocrite.

Koenman obviously didn't want Niasse and tried to force Niasse's hand by telling him that he'll never play for us in preseason. Niasse said he'd rather stay here anyway so its just 2 sides hunkering down. I think Koenman has to realize that Niasse plays a position that we are really thin at and the best way now to get rid of him would be to play him a bit. Any striker who goes on a nice little 3-4 week run is almost always suddenly valuable. We could easily get back 5-8M for him (his wages aren't obscene for a striker doesn't Naismith make about the same at Norwich?) that way instead we seem to be inclined to take the Balotelli route in which we are going to basically pay another club to take him off us.

I don't know what kind of player Niasse is. I mean he did walk into a side that was already in the beginnings of open revolt against the manager and then started the season with a manager who obviously had no plans for him. His only chance here was to come in and immediately light the prem on fire (something even a player like Carlos Tevez couldn't do) I also can't see any situtation in which Niasse is a worse option than Valencia.
I think you could be underestimating how poor he is.

You can't call someone's point nonsense then start your reasoning with allegedly.

The article clearly states there were no offers from premier league clubs. Here's how it would have gone, the English clubs expressed an interest, they would have wanted us to pay most if not all of his wages, we would have told them where to go and it's at that point that Niasse could make it clear he is so so desperate to play premier league football by taking a reduced wage.

He'd rather be playing for the 23's on 50k than play first team football somewhere (it clearly states he turned down offers from abroad) for less money. He has chosen a lifestyle over his football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back