Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not an U-23 player so he doesn't need a locker with them. I'm sure he would have a locker with the first team if he was actually decent at football. I trust Koeman and Walsh to not just throw anybody to the side for no reason. If he was a better option than Kone or Enner he would be there, but he's not. It's not poor treatment, it's reality. Yes, the transfer fee was high, but a high fee does not guarantee anything.

Mate, if your gaffer singled you out like that you'd be up in arms as we all would.

Shocked at people having a go at Koeman for being honest about the players' abilities. Would those of you saying this prefer Martinez telling you everything stinks of roses again? People having a go at him for being honest with the fans about an issue they were concerned and uninformed about is ridiculous, many of the supporters were confused at the first 6 months of Oumar's career with us and Koeman gave us a definitive answer that had been lacking and people were looking for at the time.

Koeman has every right to not fancy him as a player and pass opinion on him. However, as the gaffer he is obliged to treat employees the same and with respect. I suspect it's a decision made in frustration, but if I treated a member of staff like that I'd be heading to a tribunal.

Mate, if your gaffer singled you out like that you'd be up in arms as we all would.

Koeman has every right to not fancy him as a player and pass opinion on him. However, as the gaffer he is obliged to treat employees the same and with respect. I suspect it's a decision made in frustration, but if I treated a member of staff like that I'd be heading to a tribunal.

Spot on Tony.

Our manager likes to revel in his "I'm a Dutch football genius and I'll say what I like and like what I bloody well say" image a bit too much for my liking.

Looking at his career in general it is redolent to me of very average boxer who is cleverly managed/manipulated to get an undeserved big money title fight. Had Martinez remained manager he might have felt compelled to continue the confidence trick,giving him limited game time at the edge of the squad, for his own and the clubs sake. Since Koeman has no complicity in the deal ,he has chosen to call it out and potentially end the conceit. For Koeman claiming that Niasse is a £13million player would make him complicit in the ongoing fraud and besmirch his own reputation. For me Niasse has been used ,he never was a contender.

Spot on Tony.

Our manager likes to revel in his "I'm a Dutch football genius and I'll say what I like and like what I bloody well say" image a bit too much for my liking.

car4Id.gif

Looking at his career in general it is redolent to me of very average boxer who is cleverly managed/manipulated to get an undeserved big money title fight. Had Martinez remained manager he might have felt compelled to continue the confidence trick,giving him limited game time at the edge of the squad, for his own and the clubs sake. Since Koeman has no complicity in the deal ,he has chosen to call it out and potentially end the conceit. For Koeman claiming that Niasse is a £13million player would make him complicit in the ongoing fraud and besmirch his own reputation. For me Niasse has been used ,he never was a contender.
How do you do that by practically calling him worthless and therefore putting off potential suitors?

“If Niasse likes to play football he needs to leave Everton.”

That clearly calls into question the professionalism of the player and is designed as a slight against his character.

It is when you frame it like that. Taken on it's own it says if he wants to play he will have to leave because he isn't going to make the team. He never said it made him a bad professional, thems your words. He never said anything other than he won't be getting into the team and that if he likes to play football he should move somewhere else for that opportunity.

What's disrespectful? Not giving him a locker that was already taken by one of the youngsters? Would it be disrespectful to take away a locker from a youngster who has worked hard to earn it? Niasse wasn't meant to be playing with them, the fact that he is has been down to him refusing moves. The fact that he doesn't have his own locker is because he isn't an U23 player and has decided to stay when he was told he wasn't part of the plan. It's not a matter of respect, they've not turned him into a ball boy. He's excess to requirements and since he turned down moves we've had to accommodate him.

More than just rumors, Koeman himself (Sep 22 https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ules-out-oumar-niasse-rescuing-everton-career) said this:

Asked whether he was surprised by Niasse’s stance, having been in no doubt he would not feature this season, Koeman replied: “That’s a question for the player. There was some interest in him but not the interest that he liked to have. It is all up to the player whether he doesn’t leave, I can’t understand it but that is normal. Football players like to play football, that’s how I see it, and I explained to him why he was not in my plans for the season.”

As for being good enough for another premier league club but not for us there are any number of reasons why that could be so. First of all, he was going out on loan so there is a financial aspect of affordability with respect to filling a squad place. Secondly, other teams/scouts/managers may determine that Oumar would be useful to their squad and suits their style of play. Thirdly, our standards and ambitions are higher than those teams who came in for him.

I think it is more than him being just crap, I think he is an actual danger to other players in training. He already injured someone in training for us last year with a bad tackle. Other clubs might not be aware of the extent of just how bad a player he is and are willing to take the gamble.

The Koeman comments dont really matter. It depends which clubs they were, He may not want to go to some Chinese second division team or whatever. I see no reason why he wouldnt want to go to a viable option but obviously none where available.

I think you have missed my point with the second paragraph. I get that ambitions are higher at Everton than say a Hull or West Brom, but I am pretty sure that no matter what their ambitions are, or indeed the affordability of the player on loan, neither club is looking for a player who is clueless enough to not know how to train and isnt good enough to be playing in the Evo Stick league (which some people seem to actually be saying, which is ridiculous.)

I find the last paragraph to be quite odd to be honest. He has been a pro footballer for a good few years. He isnt some bricky running around training in hob nail boots. I dont see why he would be any more dangerous than any other player. Again he may not be good enough for us, he aint a complete novice either. Injuries happen in training. I dont have much to judge him on but there is no way on earth he is as bad as some are making out (ie the footage of him "warming up") or the stories of people laughing at him in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back