Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
But teams reportedly did come in for him and we were willing to loan him.

This isn't the first time a manager has been public that a player isn't up to the standard. Other teams will still try and sign those players as we did with Pienaar.

All we have heard is rumours. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt move to another club based here thats fairly close to us (Hull, West Brom).

Also I dont get how he is so bad that he doesnt get a number etc etc for us but another premier league club (or 3 if reports are true..) would be interested in him. I get the fact that a player can be good enough for Hull and not for us but not to the leve where he would become persona non grata at the club.

There is deffo more to this than him just being crap.

All we have heard is rumours. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt move to another club based here thats fairly close to us (Hull, West Brom).

Also I dont get how he is so bad that he doesnt get a number etc etc for us but another premier league club (or 3 if reports are true..) would be interested in him. I get the fact that a player can be good enough for Hull and not for us but not to the leve where he would become persona non grata at the club.

Agree there. Something just doesn't add up with the way his situation has been handled which is why I do have some reservations about sticking up for him as I feel there is more to it than we are being told.

More than just rumors, Koeman himself (Sep 22 https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ules-out-oumar-niasse-rescuing-everton-career) said this:

Asked whether he was surprised by Niasse’s stance, having been in no doubt he would not feature this season, Koeman replied: “That’s a question for the player. There was some interest in him but not the interest that he liked to have. It is all up to the player whether he doesn’t leave, I can’t understand it but that is normal. Football players like to play football, that’s how I see it, and I explained to him why he was not in my plans for the season.”

As for being good enough for another premier league club but not for us there are any number of reasons why that could be so. First of all, he was going out on loan so there is a financial aspect of affordability with respect to filling a squad place. Secondly, other teams/scouts/managers may determine that Oumar would be useful to their squad and suits their style of play. Thirdly, our standards and ambitions are higher than those teams who came in for him.

I think it is more than him being just crap, I think he is an actual danger to other players in training. He already injured someone in training for us last year with a bad tackle. Other clubs might not be aware of the extent of just how bad a player he is and are willing to take the gamble.

But, for me, giving him a squad number would be a statement that he's somehow good enough for Everton.

Not allocating him a number says we have standards, which he does not meet (and he clearly doesn't).

I don't want nice-guy Everton all the time, sometimes we have to be snide.
We dont ever have to be snide. Fair enough if the manager thinks he's not a squad member, but leave wriggle room for selling him, and that also entails treating the feller like he's not something he stepped in on the local park.

whatever happened with his arrest from last spring? didn't he hit his gf or wife? does it have anything to do with that?

Humiliated?

Pull up the quotes from Koeman that you would say have humiliated him.

Made to play with the U23s? He had options to go elsewhere, nobody made him stay Dave, he chose to stay and this is the consequence of that choice.

Denied access to basic facilities?

We're still letting him train and use all of that equipment aren't we? So he doesn't have his own locker for the U23s. so what? He was never meant to play with them and was given the opportunity to go elsewhere when it was made clear to him he was not going to be part of the first team. The point of the U23 team is to get the U23 players ready for the first team. He's not an U23 player and was likely not expected to be part of their plans for this season and so he's victim of "first come, first served" in the locker room. What's the big cry over anyway? It is just a place to put his gear while he shows up to play footy, whether it is in his bag or in a locker it is going to be secured by Everton's staff.
“If Niasse likes to play football he needs to leave Everton.”

That clearly calls into question the professionalism of the player and is designed as a slight against his character.

EITC = helping the needy in the community
Niasse = a pro footballer earning 50k a week

Yeah, giving him no locker even compares to the Russian fans chanting monkey noises at him.

I didn't say it was the same as EITC. I said they were dealing in humiliation. They are. Im ultra surprised at the Chairman allowing that type of behaviour towards an employee. In any normal business it would be seen as unacceptable. If he's not capable of doing his job they either retrain or discipline him out. They can't discipline him on the basis he's done nothing wrong. We have a professional coaching set-up who should earn their corn and get the lad firing again.
I'd expect it of a West Ham or Newcastle but not Everton. When something's wrong it's wrong full stop irrelevant of your view of the player.

I dunno but I reckon if he was amazing no one at the club would care about that, just like Gibson and the problems he has had.
true enough, but gibson's had issues with drinking, yeah? leagues different than domestic violence imo, even if driving under the influence is tremendously dangerous and callous behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back