Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked at people having a go at Koeman for being honest about the players' abilities. Would those of you saying this prefer Martinez telling you everything stinks of roses again? People having a go at him for being honest with the fans about an issue they were concerned and uninformed about is ridiculous, many of the supporters were confused at the first 6 months of Oumar's career with us and Koeman gave us a definitive answer that had been lacking and people were looking for at the time.

Humiliated in the media by his manager, made to play with the U23s, denied access to basic facilities.

As I said, he gets well paid for it and no one is suggesting Amnesty International need to step in. But what I and others feel is that it's snide behaviour and below the standards of this club. It is.

Humiliated?

Pull up the quotes from Koeman that you would say have humiliated him.

Made to play with the U23s? He had options to go elsewhere, nobody made him stay Dave, he chose to stay and this is the consequence of that choice.

Denied access to basic facilities?

We're still letting him train and use all of that equipment aren't we? So he doesn't have his own locker for the U23s. so what? He was never meant to play with them and was given the opportunity to go elsewhere when it was made clear to him he was not going to be part of the first team. The point of the U23 team is to get the U23 players ready for the first team. He's not an U23 player and was likely not expected to be part of their plans for this season and so he's victim of "first come, first served" in the locker room. What's the big cry over anyway? It is just a place to put his gear while he shows up to play footy, whether it is in his bag or in a locker it is going to be secured by Everton's staff.

Humiliated in the media by his manager, made to play with the U23s, denied access to basic facilities.

As I said, he gets well paid for it and no one is suggesting Amnesty International need to step in. But what I and others feel is that it's snide behaviour and below the standards of this club. It is.
But, for me, giving him a squad number would be a statement that he's somehow good enough for Everton.

Not allocating him a number says we have standards, which he does not meet (and he clearly doesn't).

I don't want nice-guy Everton all the time, sometimes we have to be snide.

But, for me, giving him a squad number would be a statement that he's somehow good enough for Everton.

Not allocating him a number says we have standards, which he does not meet (and he clearly doesn't).

I don't want nice-guy Everton all the time, sometimes we have to be snide.

Its also saying "he's crap, who wants to buy him?" As we then sit there and wonder why nobody came in for him.

Its just a very odd way of doing things.

Its also saying "he's crap, who wants to buy him?" As we then sit there and wonder why nobody came in for him.

Its just a very odd way of doing things.

But teams reportedly did come in for him and we were willing to loan him.

This isn't the first time a manager has been public that a player isn't up to the standard. Other teams will still try and sign those players as we did with Pienaar.

Perhaps but if the world knows he's crap anyway.....

I get the feeling he isnt as crap as we think he is.

Thats not saying he is good or anything but he must have more to him than we have seen otherwise he wouldnt have had any career whatsoever.

Not saying we will get back anywhere near what we paid or him but you shouldnt be wanting to devalue him completely either.

As I said, doesnt really bother me, its not my money, but its an odd way of going about things.

The evidence can never be supplied. There's no sense of me saying "I know". I dont know. I'm basing my opinion on the strong basis of what a manager does with a player purchased for so much money. It just does not stack up. Did the chief scout have full control over the decision? I dont think so. The whole thing was a sorry affair from beginning to end. But I saw no usual Martinez modus operandi around this transfer where he's happily talking up a player.
Fair enough. For what it's worth I think Martinez was badly let down by the board in regard to player recruitment. The failure to procure the playmaker he requested stands out. Too much time was wasted pursuing Yarmelenko. Niasse was a panic buy similar to Valencia this season. It was a massive misjudgement , a partly understandable act of desperation by a manager for whom the wheels were slowly falling off. It was Martinez's call though, and it was wrong.

Everton are normally fantastic with anything where morals, good grace and humility are concerned....its what sets us apart. LikeEITC and the many, many initiatives the Club does socially and in the local community. Its a personal opinion, but in this case I think our treatment of Niasse has been nothing short of a disgrace. Thats the two managers, the Chairman and the owner. Between that bunch they should have the professional ability to either get the lad playing confidently again or treat him with respect and find the appropriate move for him.
Humiliating him with no locker etc is what I'd expect from some Eastern European club....it seems even the Russian team didn't treat him as shamefully as we have.
Somebody felt he was worthy of that contract....its not his fault it was offered.
Not a popular opinion I guess but there you go.

I agree with you, but can't help but think that there may be more to it. Did anything ever develop over him getting arrested for assault? Maybe he is a bad egg in the dressing room, although I find it hard to believe.

He clearly isn't good enough but some of our fans just revel in the opportunity to slaughter a player before they're given a chance. For once they look to have been proven right over Niasse's ability and now they feel it's given them some sort of credibility in their constant ridiculing of most of our first team squad lol. As bad as Niasse has looked, it's over exaggerated amongst the fanbase and it's not the first time that someone has been labelled "the worst player they've ever seen".

Some may say it's hard to feel sorry for someone earning thousands of pounds a week, but I genuinely feel sorry that it hasn't worked out for the lad. Would have been a big move for him at the time and it's a shame he's ended up not being good enough. Hopefully an acceptable conclusion will be reached with him in the coming months but i'd like to see the club act with a bit more integrity in how they treat him during that time. Especially when we usually act with a lot more class than so many clubs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back