Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reading the article, it does sound as though its gone a bit far. I know he is earning millions of pounds, so my sympathy is limited. But to tell a player he can't have a locker is a bit petty.

I presume he has to keep coming in and training and playing with the U23's or the club could stop his pay. I guess the club are trying to make it as uncomfortable as possible for him, so he leaves in January. Hopefully he gets a move away, I can only see him going on loan though, with us still paying his wages.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/720186/Oumar-Niasse-Everton-EFC-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

Reading the article, it does sound as though its gone a bit far. I know he is earning millions of pounds, so my sympathy is limited. But to tell a player he can't have a locker is a bit petty.

I presume he has to keep coming in and training and playing with the U23's or the club could stop his pay. I guess the club are trying to make it as uncomfortable as possible for him, so he leaves in January. Hopefully he gets a move away, I can only see him going on loan though, with us still paying his wages.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/720186/Oumar-Niasse-Everton-EFC-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

Also raises the possibility of litigation, if what he's saying is true ?

Regardless of his lack of talent, you can't deliberately make a persons working environment so horrendous that they have no choice but to leave.

The club should have more class than that. It's not his fault that el Fraudo spunked 13mil on him and 35k a week wages.
The least painful way would be damage limitation, pay him off and let him leave quietly.

Regardless of his lack of talent, you can't deliberately make a persons working environment so horrendous that they have no choice but to leave.

The club should have more class than that. It's not his fault that el Fraudo spunked 13mil on him and 35k a week wages.
The least painful way would be damage limitation, pay him off and let him leave quietly.
Pretty such he's on more than that mate.

Joining us as 3rd most expensive player, big reputation (haha) from the Russian league, striker ...

I think 50k would be more accurate.

Shocking.

What's HORRENDOUS about his working environment? Not having a locker? I don't have one in my work either yet most of my colleagues do yet I don't feel horribly hard done by.

People are going well over the top with this, you'd think the club are refusing to feed him FFS. He's on £55000 a week, having to put gear in his bag is hardly abuse of workers' rights.

It's a very awkward situation for everybody involved, especially for Unsworth and the U23s who probably don't know what to think of this lad or what to do with him. They've had him forced upon them by a not bothered Koeman and are trying to be kind by giving him some games to keep himself fit and hopefully bring his confidence up. However, they know he's not going to be here long-term so there's no point trying integrate him into the squad properly (e.g. giving him a locker).

And the reason he can't have one in the main team's changing rooms is because Koeman clearly has no plans for him and doesn't want him mingling with the main squad whatsoever because it will benefit no one. There were rumours last season of him having a bad attitude and not being very well-liked by the other players, he always arriving at and leaving Goodison by himself and not seen chatting with anyone.

The club are not bullying him people, they're not refusing to let him eat from the canteen or use the gym. They're simply making it clear to him that there's no future for him here going forward so there's no point in him trying to settle. It's a bit cold but that's football, we've wanted the club to stop being too nice for years. Same reason that I had no problem with them binning off useless crabs Hibbert and Osman without a phone call. If you contribute nothing to the club then the club won't give you anything they don't HAVE to give you in return.

It's a very awkward situation for everybody involved, especially for Unsworth and the U23s who probably don't know what to think of this lad or what to do with him. They've had him forced upon them by a not bothered Koeman and are trying to be kind by giving him some games to keep himself fit and hopefully bring his confidence up. However, they know he's not going to be here long-term so there's no point trying integrate him into the squad properly (e.g. giving him a locker).

And the reason he can't have one in the main team's changing rooms is because Koeman clearly has no plans for him and doesn't want him mingling with the main squad whatsoever because it will benefit no one. There were rumours last season of him having a bad attitude and not being very well-liked by the other players, he always arriving at and leaving Goodison by himself and not seen chatting with anyone.

The club are not bullying him people, they're not refusing to let him eat from the canteen or use the gym. They're simply making it clear to him that there's no future for him here going forward so there's no point in him trying to settle. It's a bit cold but that's football, we've wanted the club to stop being too nice for years. Same reason that I had no problem with them binning off useless crabs Hibbert and Osman without a phone call. If you contribute nothing to the club then the club won't give you anything they don't HAVE to give you in return.
Well said mate!!! Its a tough world out there for all of us, man up and get on with it. I'm sick of listening to these stories thinking they are hard done by (because he hasn't got Fkin locker!!), everyone of us would swap jobs with him tomorrow!!! They have no idea what tough times are.....

I was expecting him to be sent somewhere on a season-long loan every summer until his contract expires, but I don't know what they're going to do if he's knocking those moves back.

Maybe they'll end up having to pay him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back