Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you believe him then @Mikey_Fitzgerald ?

I find it all a bit 'player isn't playing, has a moan in the press' to be honest. I can't take his words as being the gospel truth I'm afraid. Not without hearing the other side.

I appreciate his self belief, and he certainly never lacked effort the few times he turned out for us, but I think it's pretty clear it hasn't worked out here for him and he should be looking for a move.

If he were a young player in the youth set up on considerably less money, I'd be in favour of giving him more time and another chance, but we're basically paying a decent wedge for someone to play in the Under 23's with literally no prospects of making the first team. It's silly to keep him in that case. If we can't get the money we want for him, we should loan him to someone like Hull for the rest of the season and then look at moving him on full time when the summer comes

That all being said, at least give the lad a locker while he's still here FFS. There's keeping a player on the fringes because the manager doesn't fancy him and then there's needlessly being nasty for no real reason. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his statements in regards to that part in all honesty

I can live with the club being meaner if there's actual benefit, but making Niasse feel like a second class citizen and stripping him of his dignity in such a manner favours no one. Sit down with him and let him know you'll try and get a move for him in Jan, but in the meantime you want him to play well in the U23's to keep up his fitness and then treat him like the rest of the U23's, as opposed to some sort of plague victim who might contaminate the changing area

People like to bang on about how Everton are "too nice", and may have a point, but this has gone too far in the other direction IMO. There has to be a happy medium I think, where we aren't a bunch of push-overs whilst also not being total pricks at the same time

I appreciate his self belief, and he certainly never lacked effort the few times he turned out for us, but I think it's pretty clear it hasn't worked out here for him and he should be looking for a move.

If he were a young player in the youth set up on considerably less money, I'd be in favour of giving him more time and another chance, but we're basically paying a decent wedge for someone to play in the Under 23's with literally no prospects of making the first team. It's silly to keep him in that case. If we can't get the money we want for him, we should loan him to someone like Hull for the rest of the season and then look at moving him on full time when the summer comes

That all being said, at least give the lad a locker while he's still here FFS. There's keeping a player on the fringes because the manager doesn't fancy him and then there's needlessly being nasty for no real reason. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his statements in regards to that part in all honesty

I can live with the club being meaner if there's actual benefit, but making Niasse feel like a second class citizen and stripping him of his dignity in such a manner favours no one. Sit down with him and let him know you'll try and get a move for him in Jan, but in the meantime you want him to play well in the U23's to keep up his fitness and then treat him like the rest of the U23's, as opposed to some sort of plague victim who might contaminate the changing area

People like to bang on about how Everton are "too nice", and may have a point, but this has gone too far in the other direction IMO. There has to be a happy medium I think, where we aren't a bunch of push-overs whilst also not being total pricks at the same time

That's what I mean though. Is it as simple as 'oooh poor me, I don't have locker. Nobody like me. Boo hoo hoo'? I need to hear from other people on the situation before he gets any glimpse of sympathy from me.

I do agree it's not all his fault. He was offered the chance to move here. Of course he would do it. It's just now he has a manager who doesn't seem to take any crap.

That's what I mean though. Is it as simple as 'oooh poor me, I don't have locker. Nobody like me. Boo hoo hoo'? I need to hear from other people on the situation before he gets any glimpse of sympathy from me.

I do agree it's not all his fault. He was offered the chance to move here. Of course he would do it. It's just now he has a manager who doesn't seem to take any crap.

Well you'd think that if he was chatting bubbles about the locker incident the club would have come out pretty sharpish with a retort wouldn't you?

Their silence on the issue is fishy to say the least

It's a pretty specific complaint as well, and seems unusual to make up

Everton F.C. through EITC are second to none in helping the disadvantaged and the community around them.
They support former players who earned a pittance compared to today's obscene wages. In these regards they are exemplary. Yet some people are berating the club because a second rate player on a ridiculous wage hasn't got a locker?
If he truly wants to play football let him offer to drop his wage to say £5000 a week, which would see him still earning far more money than doctors,nurses and teachers, and see if any one will take a punt on him . I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. I just wish the freeloader would leave our club.

Well you'd think that if he was chatting bubbles about the locker incident the club would have come out pretty sharpish with a retort wouldn't you?

Their silence on the issue is fishy to say the least

Not particularly no. The club barely mention him at all these days.

And not having a locker isn't exactly earth shattering news. If it's even true.

Maybe they don't realise he hasn't got a locker and all he needs to do is ask. The U23's will have been allocated lockers at start of season Niasse joined them at the end of August when no move away occurred. I personally think it needs corrected whichever the case as I'm a great believer in treating people equally. He is an employee at Everton Football Club therefore he should be treat like one. The 50k p/w although galling is completely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back