Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but what I mean is, a few goals for the U23's doesn't automatically make him good enough.

His gumption for sticking it out this far is fair enough. I just don't think he's good enough for the first team personally.
Believe me my friend neither do I. Not in the bloody slightest, especially when you see the majority of goals he has scored in the U23. Scrappy!

I'm trying to make light of the fact that we've splashed out millions of pounds (and continuing to do) so for a striker to score against teenagers.

I think it's really tight that he's not been given a chance. As the boss says, 'OK, yes...' maybe he looked awful, but surely everyone knows that apart from adapting to football and fitness, people have to adapt to the country, people and climate, and maybe he just needed a bit of time. What's the problem if either Roberto or Foeman had just said (Like for example Wenger does so often) that he needs time to adapt and we'll see the best of him next season after a spell in the U23's. Why just freeze him out like this? He might have got better playing with Lukaku, he can't be any worse an influence in first team training than Clev or Kone or Gibson, and so why not just give him a chance and then write him off after a season if he's really rubbish? the only answer to all of this is that behind the scenes, he may have done something so unforgivable, off the pitch, that he has no chance back.

It's hard to believe he could actually come good enough for the first team but then are Kone and Valencia that much better?

Iv not said much about this tbh, but really don't like the way the kid has been treated. He didn't sign himself for all that money and how difficult it must be to come from the Russian league and Russian way of life, to settle in England. The fact hes not even allowed to train with the 1st team just doesnt seem right. Id love the kid to prove everyone wrong...

All he can do is turn up every day with the kids and score goals when he plays....

And hes doing it.

Spot on STL. He can only score against what's in front of him. The lads obviously got some character and self-belief.
Goals breed confidence, irrespective of what level your scoring against. In the years gone by before prima-Donna players a spell in the stiffs often got exiled first teamers playing again and firing.
In true Kevin Keegan fashion 'I would love it' if Oumar started smashing them in left righ and centre, caused a rethink and became a terrace cult hero. What a story that would be both for the lad himself and the Club.
I think Koeman is big enough and man enough to reflect and welcome him back into the fold too.
Dare to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back