Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be interesting to find out this scam was executed.

I have a feeling, based on the dates, that RM never actually saw Niasse play in the flesh so the deal might have been concocted by the agents and based on videos, data comparisons, etc. Who actually recommended him? What due diligence was undertaken? Who saw him play in Russia or Europe?

The thing is that Niasse is frankly poor and not even in the 4 million pound range let alone the 13/14 million range plus agents fees, etc. If he's on a four year deal at say 60K a week the entire loss is getting towards 27/28 million, a huge sum.

After the Fat Sam and the Warnock scandals, anything is possible...

I have a feeling, based on the dates, that RM never actually saw Niasse play in the flesh so the deal might have been concocted by the agents and based on videos, data comparisons, etc. Who actually recommended him? What due diligence was undertaken? Who saw him play in Russia or Europe?

The thing is that Niasse is frankly poor and not even in the 4 million pound range let alone the 13/14 million range plus agents fees, etc. If he's on a four year deal at say 60K a week the entire loss is getting towards 27/28 million, a huge sum.

FFS. It was just a bad signing that didnt pay off. Due dilligence? Its football!

Every club/manager makes bad signings. Its nothing sinister.

Martinez bought him on the recommendations of a scout who no longer works for the club. The deal was made much earlier than announced.

That's as much as I can share.

Read an interview Martinez did, he said he had actually been watching Niasse for a while before we actually bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back