Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how opinions change. Towards the end of Moyes' tenure 99% of Evertonians were saying they didn't care if we finished 14th as long as we made a good go of the cups etc... So we get in a Manager who does that but better and he gets chased out of here and called the worst manager in our history.

Good contribution m8.

Absolutely not true, people said they didn't care if we finished 14th if we won a cup. Not got dumped out at the semi final stage and patted on the head.

It's funny how opinions change. Towards the end of Moyes' tenure 99% of Evertonians were saying they didn't care if we finished 14th as long as we made a good go of the cups etc... So we get in a Manager who does that but better and he gets chased out of here and called the worst manager in our history.

Good contribution m8.
Posting the worst home record in our entire history didn't help to be fair.

It's obvious to me that Koeman told Niasse to go, and Niasse point blank refused to move because nobody would offer him anywhere near what he's being paid by us and also wants to stay in the area. So he stayed with us, in the knowledge that he won't play, purely for the money and his mrs who lives in Manchester. Koeman is clearly livid because that money could have been spent on a decent player, and yet here he is draining millions out of the club. He needs to keep him fit so that another team may decide to take him in January, but he won't give him another chance because he's seen more than enough to judge him.

It's obvious to me that Koeman told Niasse to go, and Niasse point blank refused to move because nobody would offer him anywhere near what he's being paid by us and also wants to stay in the area. So he stayed with us, in the knowledge that he won't play, purely for the money and his mrs who lives in Manchester. Koeman is clearly livid because that money could have been spent on a decent player, and yet here he is draining millions out of the club. He needs to keep him fit so that another team may decide to take him in January, but he won't give him another chance because he's seen more than enough to judge him.
Think something has gone on between the two and this scenario is probably not too far from the truth. However, I still think that Koeman doing this so publicly cannot help the club in it's efforts to dispense with him in the next window.

I would be surprised if this isn't the case.

This

Think something has gone on between the two and this scenario is probably not too far from the truth. However, I still think that Koeman doing this so publicly cannot help the club in it's efforts to dispense with him in the next window.
There is no dispensing with him mate - he's two or three levels above his ability at Everton, so moving would decimate his salary and why would he do that? Think most of us would wear the absence of a locker if it meant getting paid 35 000 pounds A WEEK more than you should be getting. The lawyers will have to get involved and pin him down on breach of contract, masquerading as an international footballer, deliberate and willful failure to play football etc, because otherwise they'll be no shifting him.

In hindsight we can see that he caught lightning in a bottle in Russia for a season, and scored some goals. Goals that were literally deflecting off his backside in many cases, but goals nonetheless. Roberto was under the cosh and took a wild gamble on him (Bill K must have been demob happy as there's no way he lets that one through under normal circumstances). There was only a slim chance that he would ever be a goalscorer in our league. He could have realistically expected him to be an OK squad player, but unluckily he's not even up to that.

There is no dispensing with him mate - he's two or three levels above his ability at Everton, so moving would decimate his salary and why would he do that? Think most of us would wear the absence of a locker if it meant getting paid 35 000 pounds A WEEK more than you should be getting. The lawyers will have to get involved and pin him down on breach of contract, masquerading as an international footballer, deliberate and willful failure to play football etc, because otherwise they'll be no shifting him.

Ive thought about that money but from what im told by someone who knows he is turning up for training everyday and dosent seem to be breaching contract, so we have to pay him, his lack of ability is another issue but that is the fault of the club not the player. I still think not giving him a squad number was a major error and something that is now hard to go back on.

I REALLY want to see him come on, when we're winning comfortably of course.

This is such a sad state of affairs seeing him earning so much money off the club for numerous years with no intention of moving - if this was with a Turkish club he'd be hanging from a lamp post right now.

Ive thought about that money but from what im told by someone who knows he is turning up for training everyday and dosent seem to be breaching contract, so we have to pay him, his lack of ability is another issue but that is the fault of the club not the player. I still think not giving him a squad number was a major error and something that is now hard to go back on.

He's got squad number 24

Not sure - If Koeman continually mentions him scoring in the U23's then there's a chance that someone may fall under the illusion that he's worth a punt. Give him a squad number and a sniff of the 1st team and the illusion falls away.

Keep at it Ron - have them believing that it's your stubbornness and not footballing reasons keeping him out.

I REALLY want to see him come on, when we're winning comfortably of course.

This is such a sad state of affairs seeing him earning so much money off the club for numerous years with no intention of moving - if this was with a Turkish club he'd be hanging from a lamp post right now.
You'd rather see him come in instead of a young player such as Calvert-Lewin again why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back