Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put how sh8te Niasse, Kone and Valencia are into context; all of these would be our 2nd striker:

Beattie, M.Bent, T.Radzinski, B.McBride, Saha, Jelavic , Beckford.....even Tim Cahill or Steve Watson!!!

I'd probably agree, his goal per game ratio is fairly similar to Anichebe's. He's clearly not good enough for where we want to be, but I don't think there's anyone who thought he would be, if he was he wouldn't have been at Wigan in the first place.
When we bought him we had Anichibe, Jelavic, who by that time had gone off the boil and, at a push, Naismith. So he didn't really have much to compare to in fairness. At the time he was probably an upgrade, embarrassing as that may now seem.

very true. The number of times you're reading a match report and it says Joe whoever scored his first goal in 164 games.:(

Jimmy Greenhoff springs to my memory - hadn't scored in ages for Manure and then we went to OT and he ended his drought, and we lost, and it was cold, and it was raining, and I walked home thoroughly miserable, and wet, and my missus made me wait for me tea :(:(:(

And people wonder why I hate Manure :)

I bet @Dario Terracotta @Khalekan and @Joey66 remember that horrible day.

Jimmy Greenhoff springs to my memory - hadn't scored in ages for Manure and then we went to OT and he ended his drought, and we lost, and it was cold, and it was raining, and I walked home thoroughly miserable, and wet, and my missus made me wait for me tea :(:(:(

And people wonder why I hate Manure :)

I bet @Dario Terracotta @Khalekan and @Joey66 remember that horrible day.
You walked home from Manchester to Liverpool?

I'm not sure if your serious? Of course Valencia is poor, nobody has ever denied it but Niasse is on another level of awful! Quite possibly the worst player to ever wear the Royal Blue jersey. Then you say Kone isn't as bad as everyone says he is? How many times have you seen Kone play? The lad is garbage just like Valencia but both of them are still head and shoulders above Niasse.

Irony is a wonderful thing. How many times have you seen Niasse play to make such a damning judgement?

Straquilirsi was almost canonised on here because he ran about a bit. He was grade A garbage....an embarrassment. Yet Kone, whilst not being Pele admittedly, scores a few goals when he plays and certainly took the weight off Lukaku when they played together and is cast as the devil incarnate. If you think Kone is that bad I'm guessing you're not that old and haven't seen some of the absolute dross we've had over the last 45 years or so.

Irony is a wonderful thing. How many times have you seen Niasse play to make such a damning judgement?

Straquilirsi was almost canonised on here because he ran about a bit. He was grade A garbage....an embarrassment. Yet Kone, whilst not being Pele admittedly, scores a few goals when he plays and certainly took the weight off Lukaku when they played together and is cast as the devil incarnate. If you think Kone is that bad I'm guessing you're not that old and haven't seen some of the absolute dross we've had over the last 45 years or so.
Straq could hold it up a bit and worked tirelessly for the team. He gave us a boost when he came into the team even if he was very limited.

Kone seems like a happy chap...but is a dreadful player...always was and always will be.

Was the only striker and focal point at wigan...had 90% of their chances in one season and prior to that failed.

He and Valencia are useless....

The Guardian has a piece on Ali Dia today (What's this Geezer doing? He's hopeless). Various people reminiscing over the time, 20 years ago, that a non-league player conned his way onto a premiership pitch for 20 mins, and how it would inspire a future Senegalese player to pull off a far bigger deception. There is no input from Dia himself, unfortunately, could not be tracked down for the article......

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/22/ali-dia-story-20-years-on-southampton-souness

Ooof, lovely goal tonight for the U23s. 'yeah, but it's only the kids', I hear you say. Check out the goal, doesn't matter who you're playing against, that's a good finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back