Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people on here suggesting that Niasse deserves a shot in the first team as we surely can't do any worse than present. I watched the U23 game tonight, he played the first hour.
From what I saw, and in my humble opinion, Koeman has got it spot on.
Niasse simply doesn't move or react like a professional footballer, he looks very awkward and clumsy with the ball at his feet. He miscontrols the ball time and time again, and seems to fall over way to easily under no real pressure.

A lot of people on here suggesting that Niasse deserves a shot in the first team as we surely can't do any worse than present. I watched the U23 game tonight, he played the first hour.
Niasse simply doesn't move or react like a professional footballer, he looks very awkward and clumsy with the ball at his feet. He miscontrols the ball time and time again, and seems to fall over way to easily under no real pressure.

Those last two lines, you could add them comments on any number of player threads and they wouldnt look out of place!!

Spot on Tin-Tin. The absolute truth is none of us know what Oumar is like as we've hardly seen him. 11 goals in 6 games is a great run....a massive confidence-boosting run although ironically I don't think he lacks confidence considering the trash the management have levelled at him and he's just getting on with it. We've looked toothless for weeks now and have a forward line, probably Bolasie excepted, that are so easily defended against its unreal. Lukaku really doesn't bully defenders the way he should and very few come off the pitch looking like he's given them the runaround. Mirallas is a headless chicken, and Del is just a chicken.....a paper-lunged boy-banded who ducks out of headers.
I'm not suggesting for one minute that Oumar is incredible, but he might just be the spark we need.

Hold on. Isnt it 6 goals in 11 games?

My point is that people have judged him on about 35 minutes of football.

If you watched Lukaku for the first time in your life yesterday for 35 minutes (at any time in that game) you would say he was a terrible player - cant control a ball, gets pushed off it, passes are misplaced etc.
The fact that we have seen a lot more of him and know what he can do helps form our opinion.

Niasse hasnt had that chance.

Allow us to watch you for 36 minutes in 7 minute spells in a struggling side and then we'll pass our collective professional judgement.

Ha professional judgement. He scored a decent-ish goal tonight and that's all people have seen of him and they want him back in. It's mental.

I watched the reserves game tonight K and I think Niasse might even struggle to take a throw in lol scored a tidy goal but he's pretty plop. Just a couple of moments where if it wasn't so funny you'd cry with a couple of shots he done.

Still, played with a smile and worked hard so maybe he wouldn't be such a bad player and he would definitely bring a giggle or two. I was hoping he might take a ball in the turn and bang one in from 30 yards but that's all it was, deluded hope on my part.

There we go then.

And, with the advantage of the goal's slow-motion replay on the Saints stream, I thought he shinned it...

Thank you for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back