Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people on here suggesting that Niasse deserves a shot in the first team as we surely can't do any worse than present. I watched the U23 game tonight, he played the first hour.
From what I saw, and in my humble opinion, Koeman has got it spot on.
Niasse simply doesn't move or react like a professional footballer, he looks very awkward and clumsy with the ball at his feet. He miscontrols the ball time and time again, and seems to fall over way too easily under no real pressure.

They all do that Jb, but he keeps scoring, more than Calvert-Lewin who is being bigged up by some as a possible option...a bit of a last ditch option of the 'what have we got to lose' type option but an option none the less.

didnt the russians call him whats translates to "the lucky player" as the ball bounces of him and goes in ! wouldn't it be nice to watch someone work hard for a change ! and maybe score off his shin ? could you imagine how hard the fella would work if he got another chance ? could just be a spark the rest of the team need ! a true fairy tale story from darkness to the light ! to inspire !

My point is that people have judged him on about 35 minutes of football.

If you watched Lukaku for the first time in your life yesterday for 35 minutes (at any time in that game) you would say he was a terrible player - cant control a ball, gets pushed off it, passes are misplaced etc.
The fact that we have seen a lot more of him and know what he can do helps form our opinion.

Niasse hasnt had that chance.
I've said similar in the youth team thread but what on earth is it that makes people think we - the fans - have a right to decide whether someone is good enough or not? Two managers and two sets of coaches have decided that Niasse is not good enough to play. That's their job, they're professionals and they have made a decision based on his training, his performances in reserve games, and his limited time on the pitch in the premier league. The idea that somebody should get games just so we can decide whether or not we agree is absolutely hilarious.

I've said similar in the youth team thread but what on earth is it that makes people think we - the fans - have a right to decide whether someone is good enough or not? Two managers and two sets of coaches have decided that Niasse is not good enough to play. That's their job, they're professionals and they have made a decision based on his training, his performances in reserve games, and his limited time on the pitch in the premier league. The idea that somebody should get games just so we can decide whether or not we agree is absolutely hilarious.

then you have unsworth who's working with him every day describing him as "outstanding" ? who's lying ?

Haven't we already got a centre forward who doesn't contribute anything to our build up play, has a shocking first touch and doesn't like heading a ball yet has a great goal scoring rate, playing in the first team.

Surely there's nothing wrong with having another at least on the bench.

then you have unsworth who's working with him every day describing him as "outstanding" ? who's lying ?
Well I don't think anybody is 'lying' but I think you might be reading a teeny little bit too much into his comments. A 2 minute google search tells me that over the last year David Unsworth has said:

It was Bryan Oviedo who was singled out for particular praise.

The Costa Rican international put in a great shift for the reserves, and Unsworth described his performance as “outstanding.”

Everton youngsters outstanding - Unsworth

Unsworth Praises 'Outstanding Attitude' After U21s Victory

David Unsworth described taking charge of Everton as the proudest moment of his life but ... 'My relationship with Roberto is outstanding.

31 Aug 2016 - David Unsworth was beaming with pride after his Everton team got ... Unsworth explained: “It was an outstanding performance from everybody.

It seems pretty clear that 'outstanding' is Unsworth's version of Roberto's 'phenomenal' and can mean anything from really good to absolutely abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back