Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't managers and coaches look at him then spend around £13M on him too.
And don't half this forum want rid of a manager as they don't believe he knows what he's doing?
You're missing the point entirely.

I'm not saying Koeman and the coaches are infallible (read any of my other posts for confirmation), I'm saying that the idea that 'we'll never know how good he is' makes me laugh. This isn't a democracy. We don't get to see all the players get a run out and then decide if they're good enough or not, we employ a manager and coaches to make those decisions. You'll never know if I was good enough either, or if Lee Trundle could have broken Dixie Dean's record - i wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Quite apart from that, the people saying pick him appear to be basing it on the fact he's scored 6 goals from good chances created by other people. If I had to pick one thing we are most definitely not missing at the moment, it's a striker who is happy scoring tap ins.

I'm not saying Koeman and the coaches are infallible (read any of my other posts for confirmation), I'm saying that the idea that 'we'll never know how good he is' makes me laugh. This isn't a democracy. We don't get to see all the players get a run out and then decide if they're good enough or not, we employ a manager and coaches to make those decisions. You'll never know if I was good enough either, or if Lee Trundle could have broken Dixie Dean's record - i wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Quite apart from that, the people saying pick him appear to be basing it on the fact he's scored 6 goals from good chances created by other people. If I had to pick one thing we are most definitely not missing at the moment, it's a striker who is happy scoring tap ins.

All said and done, I'd play him for a f*****g laugh at this point.

Who's arsed who creates chances? Isn't the idea that we score goals and win matches?

I recall people scoffing on here when there was mention of Martinez trying to sign Victor Moses. Likewise Gana was pre-judged as a complete waste of transfer budget.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.. if you're starting to wonder if he could be an asset still, go and watch his West Ham "cameo" and his Leicester performance.

He's been a paid professional footballer for some years Esk. He scored a fair amount of goals in Russia. So factually you are wrong

Honestly mate, I've no idea how he became a professional player. Stories from Finch Farm after he first arrived was that the other professionals actually felt sorry for him such was his standard.

He trained for weeks on his own under the guidance of Duncan Ferguson on basics trapping, passing, movement - elementary stuff.

Who's arsed who creates chances? Isn't the idea that we score goals and win matches?

I recall people scoffing on here when there was mention of Martinez trying to sign Victor Moses. Likewise Gana was pre-judged as a complete waste of transfer budget.
Umm, you've managed to miss the point again mate. This is hard work...

I'm saying if we created the sort of chance niasse has been scoring from then lukaku would be scoring from them anyway. It's not a finisher we're lacking, it's a creator.

Honestly mate, I've no idea how he became a professional player. Stories from Finch Farm after he first arrived was that the other professionals actually felt sorry for him such was his standard.

He trained for weeks on his own under the guidance of Duncan Ferguson on basics trapping, passing, movement - elementary stuff.

He's been improving, and his goal scoring record is looking good in the U23s. I know from the club and financial point of view it's terrible business, but we could make the best out of a bad situation and find a footballer in there somewhere.

With all due respect Esk, your insider knowledge hasn't exactly been bearing fruit lately. The chap is scoring and performing for the U23s, which would be enough for some fans on here to demand promotion from the youth team if he were an academy product. He's been treated shamefully by Koeman and he's still putting in an effort, which is more than I can say for many of our first 11

I'm saying if we created the sort of chance niasse has been scoring from then lukaku would be scoring from them anyway. It's not a finisher we're lacking, it's a creator.
Now I know Niasse is not the answer, but the question should be why is the striker not sorting the situation himself or at least assisting. I'll stand on the penalty spot and knock a few in if ball reaches me. Strikers need to work and work hard.

All he needs to do is show some effort and work hard, it will be more than most offer up.at this moment.
He may not be the greatest but at this moment in time I would be happy to see somebody who wants to fight for the team and show some endeavour....if he can give me that I am willing to see him in and around the first team.

Who the hell are they to judge? Bunch of losers.

They were probably confused by his running about a bit. Blew their tiny minds.

I'm not disputing that. I'm stating a fact that he's earned a healthy living playing football. Straquilirsi had the same problem but is seemingly iconic....I just don't get it.

No need to be a smart arse. Lukaku misses simple chances too....have a watch of the last few Belgium games for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back