Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know Niasse is not the answer, but the question should be why is the striker not sorting the situation himself or at least assisting. I'll stand on the penalty spot and knock a few in if ball reaches me. Strikers need to work and work hard.
Totally agree mate, that's kind of my point.

Look at the goals niasse has scored, they're not worldies, not long balls he's chased and beat a defender to before finishing, not Andy gray style headers where the boots are flying, they're just decent finishes from good service.

I don't believe that (even if he were any good) niasse would offer us anything that isn't already in the team. We lack many, many things but an out and out goal scorer is pretty much the one thing we have.

With all due respect Esk, your insider knowledge hasn't exactly been bearing fruit lately. The chap is scoring and performing for the U23s, which would be enough for some fans on here to demand promotion from the youth team if he were an academy product. He's been treated shamefully by Koeman and he's still putting in an effort, which is more than I can say for many of our first 11

The source was one of our coaches, first hand.

I've nothing against him personally but I've not seen a less able footballer in 42 years of watching professional football.

The only way of finding a footballer in him is if he has swallowed one.

He's not the size of Yakubu yet is he? lol

Obviously someone saw something in him once to get him into professional football, and under the tutelage of Ferguson, who knows? Unlikely no doubt, but if he's under contract with us and not going anywhere, may as well try to polish that turd.

Totally agree mate, that's kind of my point.

Look at the goals niasse has scored, they're not worldies, not long balls he's chased and beat a defender to before finishing, not Andy gray style headers where the boots are flying, they're just decent finishes from good service.

I don't believe that (even if he were any good) niasse would offer us anything that isn't already in the team. We lack many, many things but an out and out goal scorer is pretty much the one thing we have.
I honestly believe a mild injection of youth and vitality would stimulate the whole team, whether that is in defence, midfield or that other bit of the pitch we sort of don't bother with

No need to be a smart arse. Lukaku misses simple chances too....have a watch of the last few Belgium games for starters.
Sorry mate, I'm genuinely not trying to be a smart arse, but you keep arguing points that I'm not making so I kind of have to point it out. You've done it again here.

I haven't said lukaku doesn't miss chances, I haven't even said niasse does. All I'm saying is that people's calls for niasse appear to be based on his recent scoring record, yet our current striker has an excellent scoring record and his ability to score the type of goal niasse has been scoring is possibly the only aspect of our play that isn't in question.

Sorry mate, I'm genuinely not trying to be a smart arse, but you keep arguing points that I'm not making so I kind of have to point it out. You've done it again here.

I haven't said lukaku doesn't miss chances, I haven't even said niasse does. All I'm saying is that people's calls for niasse appear to be based on his recent scoring record, yet our current striker has an excellent scoring record and his ability to score the type of goal niasse has been scoring is possibly the only aspect of our play that isn't in question.

We've scored one goal in three games. We've won one in the last nine or something like that. Scoring goals generally gives you a better chance of winning games. I don't see we're doing either at present so would give somebody a run who is playing confidently. His appetite would be incredible given the level of opportunity he's had.

He's not the size of Yakubu yet is he? lol

Obviously someone saw something in him once to get him into professional football, and under the tutelage of Ferguson, who knows? Unlikely no doubt, but if he's under contract with us and not going anywhere, may as well try to polish that turd.
To be honest mate I think he's had his15minutes of fame,time to flush this turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back