Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to accept something was not very seriously amiss with this signing.

Considering the amount of times players are scouted these days, and the sophistication of the analytics, one would have thought that any half-thorough assessment of Niasse would have thrown up red flags at an early stage.

I'll be kind and say there must have been gaps the size of a continent in the process on this occasion, and serious neglect of responsibility at some level. It is not Monopoly money that was spent.

I just don't get it. Not at this elite level. I saw him before kick off at A*field trying to ping straight balls cross-pitch back and forth to Cleverley and even then under no pressure his body shape and ahem, "technique" were horrendous. Cleverley just gave up on him.

The esk is right here, unfortunately. I know from people at the club that in his first training session he was absolutely woeful and has only improved very marginally. I personally saw him train in his first couple of weeks and thought "who's this clown?". Scoring a few goals for the kids' team doesn't mean a thing.

Lost cause, sadly.

Aye, just been watching videos of him there. Do you reckon Niasse is worse than Dia?
About 13 million times worse.

Shameful that transfer happened on Bill's watch. Say what you like about Bill K, he's not a Bungmeister. Some shadiness might be unavoidable in the world of football agency, but this was off the charts. Intergalactic transfer fraud.

I find it hard to accept something was not very seriously amiss with this signing.

Considering the amount of times players are scouted these days, and the sophistication of the analytics, one would have thought that any half-thorough assessment of Niasse would have thrown up red flags at an early stage.

I'll be kind and say there must have been gaps the size of a continent in the process on this occasion, and serious neglect of responsibility at some level. It is not Monopoly money that was spent.

I just don't get it. Not at this elite level. I saw him before kick off at A*field trying to ping straight balls back and forth to Cleverley and even then under no pressure his body shape and ahem, "technique" were horrendous. Cleverley just gave up on him.
Same as myself I was watching him trying to do keep ups with his right foot and he looked as if he was pissed.

I saw him before kick off at A*field trying to ping straight balls cross-pitch back and forth to Cleverley and even then under no pressure his body shape and ahem, "technique" were horrendous. Cleverley just gave up on him.

My 16 year old son saw him warming up for the first time - now my son loves watching the warm ups, studies them intently. After two minutes he turns around and says "Dad, this guy wouldn't get into my school first XI!" - he was doing the very basic pass, trap, move, pass routine with Duncan - it was shocking.

The esk is right here, unfortunately. I know from people at the club that in his first training session he was absolutely woeful and has only improved very marginally. I personally saw him train in his first couple of weeks and thought "who's this clown?". Scoring a few goals for the kids' team doesn't mean a thing.

Lost cause, sadly.
I just like to try and start best in everyone at the beginning. stop crushing my dreams.

Honestly mate, I've no idea how he became a professional player. Stories from Finch Farm after he first arrived was that the other professionals actually felt sorry for him such was his standard.

He trained for weeks on his own under the guidance of Duncan Ferguson on basics trapping, passing, movement - elementary stuff.

And look how that is working out for Lukaku. Couldn't trap a sloth.

My 16 year old son saw him warming up for the first time - now my son loves watching the warm ups, studies them intently. After two minutes he turns around and says "Dad, this guy wouldn't get into my school first XI!" - he was doing the very basic pass, trap, move, pass routine with Duncan - it was shocking.
Remarkable signing really : D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back