Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 16 year old son saw him warming up for the first time - now my son loves watching the warm ups, studies them intently. After two minutes he turns around and says "Dad, this guy wouldn't get into my school first XI!" - he was doing the very basic pass, trap, move, pass routine with Duncan - it was shocking.

....in terms of the players ability, it's interesting. Clearly, so much analysis is undertaken these days into a players detailed statistics, indeed there is a school of thought that statistical analysis actually informs transfer targets. With this in mind, a simple look at Wiki tells me;

- Niasse played in the Senegal league for 6 years, 154 games and 102 goals. That's a very decent return but we don't know the standard and you have to think he wouldn't have been there that long if he was good.

- he went to Brann (Norway) on a 6 month loan but failed to impress, playing only 3 games.

- he moved to a Turkish side, scoring 12 in 45.

- finally ending up at Lokomotive in a 5m Euro deal notching 12 in 28 games.

- 0 goals in 6 games for Senegal U21, 3 in 8 for the full side.

There is nothing in those stats to convince anybody to take a £13m plunge. I wouldn't know what greater detail Everton's analysts had access to but you would have to be convinced via lengthy scouting visits before embarking on such a deal. From what we know, extensive scouting was not undertaken.

As mentioned by others, there's a bad smell about this transfer. It might explain why Niasse has kept his own counsel whilst playing with the youngsters.

....in terms of the players ability, it's interesting. Clearly, so much analysis is undertaken these days into a players detailed statistics, indeed there is a school of thought that statistical analysis actually informs transfer targets. With this in mind, a simple look at Wiki tells me;

- Niasse played in the Senegal league for 6 years, 154 games and 102 goals. That's a very decent return but we don't know the standard and you have to think he wouldn't have been there that long if he was good.

- he went to Brann (Norway) on a 6 month loan but failed to impress, playing only 3 games.

There is nothing in those stats to convince anybody to take a £13m plunge. I wouldn't know what greater detail Everton's analysts had access to but you would have to be convinced via lengthy scouting visits before embarking on such a deal. From what we know, extensive scouting was not undertaken.

As mentioned by others, there's a bad smell about this transfer. It might explain why Niasse has kept his own counsel whilst playing with the youngsters.

strangest Everton transfer I can remember this one eggs. You watched him yourself in reserves game and yep he tried and scored a decent goal but his all round play, control of a football is absolutely dreadful. If we'd paid 1m for him and just off that performance alone you'd say we've been ripped off.

I've no doubt the u23 games are for match sharpness and it'd a bonus if he's knocking some goals in as he won't look as bad as what he really is when it comes to trying to ship him out on loan.

I would love it if he came good, became a super sub who slots but the truth is I'd trust my 63 year old mum in a one on one situation than Niasse as he looks the type who would trip over the ball trying to shoot.

strangest Everton transfer I can remember this one eggs. You watched him yourself in reserves game and yep he tried and scored a decent goal but his all round play, control of a football is absolutely dreadful. If we'd paid 1m for him and just off that performance alone you'd say we've been ripped off.

I've no doubt the u23 games are for match sharpness and it'd a bonus if he's knocking some goals in as he won't look as bad as what he really is when it comes to trying to ship him out on loan.

I would love it if he came good, became a super sub who slots but the truth is I'd trust my 63 year old mum in a one on one situation than Niasse as he looks the type who would trip over the ball trying to shoot.

....he's a fit and pacy lad, stick him in the box in a footy match at any level and he will score the odd goal. Where he comes up technically short is joining in play outside the box, although he can run around lots and put opposition under pressure.

....he's a fit and pacy lad, stick him in the box in a footy match at any level and he will score the odd goal. Where he comes up technically short is joining in play outside the box, although he can run around lots and put opposition under pressure.

yep if we were creating chance after chance and whipping balls into the 6 yard box 20 times a game the kid would score. Technically Calvert Lewin looked a million miles ahead of him in technique, awareness of what's around him and control, things that 99.9% of pro footballers should be competent at.

yep if we were creating chance after chance and whipping balls into the 6 yard box 20 times a game the kid would score. Technically Calvert Lewin looked a million miles ahead of him in technique, awareness of what's around him and control, things that 99.9% of pro footballers should be competent at.

...yep, I think Calvert-Lewin is technically superior. Niasse is a very decent athlete but surely there is more to his transfer than it simply being an error of judgement. I'm not sure we will ever know.

Probably because people see things quite differently. Nearly 40,000 of us see things different every week for a start. I have a complete buffoon sitting near me at Goodison and he watches the game....doesn't mean he's right in his opinions about certain players.

He probably is about Niasse.

Good post eggs. There's also nothing in those stats that would get him a work permit, as he didn't meet the criteria. Yet he materialised here nonetheless.

tbh I'm a bit disappointed that our resident conspiracy theorists aren't putting their backs into this one. Waffling on in their thread about hidden global control structures when the Oumar Niasse mystery sits right in front of our noses.

Quite reassuring to see the majority of fans have now wised up to see that Niasse is so far off the standard required for professional football, let alone premier league level, that throwing him in to our first team would be unthinkable.
I'm also convinced that Enner Valencia is severely limited technically from what I've seen of him during his time at West Ham and ourselves.
As much as we slam Kone, he at least shows that technically he has/has had what it takes to play top level football.
How the other two, in particular Niasse, have made it through the youth teams and levels of the pyramid to arrive where they are today is nothing short of stunning.
Calvert-Lewin is almost certainly the best option after Lukaku, but the whole striker situation needs desperate attention.

Last edited:
Anyone who has seen Niasse warming up prior to a game, let alone in a game, can tell that the lad does not have the basic skills to be a professional footballer at any level let alone appearing in a team with European aspirations.

No idea how he ended up here, but he should never be considered for a place in the 1st team squad.

Sorry Esk I completely disagree. He is playing (and scoring) against players who have been professionally coached all their lives in top class PL academies, quite a few will even have played in the PL themselves.

If he doesnt have basic football skills then we need to be very worried about the next generation.

I know people may not rate him and think he is awful but to suggest he's not a professional footballer is ludicrous.

There seems to be an agenda against a guy whose only crime us being bought for a large fee.

Sorry Esk I completely disagree. He is playing (and scoring) against players who have been professionally coached all their lives in top class PL academies, quite a few will even have played in the PL themselves.

If he doesnt have basic football skills then we need to be very worried about the next generation.

I know people may not rate him and think he is awful but to suggest he's not a professional footballer is ludicrous.

There seems to be an agenda against a guy whose only crime us being bought for a large fee.

Good to have contrasting views mate. I've no agenda here, just saying what I've seen with my own eyes and heard from people within the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back