Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't think anybody is 'lying' but I think you might be reading a teeny little bit too much into his comments. A 2 minute google search tells me that over the last year David Unsworth has said:

It was Bryan Oviedo who was singled out for particular praise.

The Costa Rican international put in a great shift for the reserves, and Unsworth described his performance as “outstanding.”

Everton youngsters outstanding - Unsworth

Unsworth Praises 'Outstanding Attitude' After U21s Victory

David Unsworth described taking charge of Everton as the proudest moment of his life but ... 'My relationship with Roberto is outstanding.

31 Aug 2016 - David Unsworth was beaming with pride after his Everton team got ... Unsworth explained: “It was an outstanding performance from everybody.

It seems pretty clear that 'outstanding' is Unsworth's version of Roberto's 'phenomenal' and can mean anything from really good to absolutely abysmal.

so after he scored a hatrick the other week do you think unsworth meant outstanding in the meaning we all take it as ? or the one where you think he meant absolutely abysmal ?

so after he scored a hatrick the other week do you think unsworth meant outstanding in the meaning we all take it as ? or the one where you think he meant absolutely abysmal ?
Jesus mate, I was trying to be lighthearted not putting myself forward as a thesaurus.

I would guess that he meant 'good' if i'm honest. I think Unsworth may have a relatively limited vocabulary and use the word outstanding quite liberally, seeing as I just googled 'Unsworth Niasse outstanding' to see what he'd actually said and got all those results that i posted.

I doubt that he meant outstanding as in truly exceptional, more just that scoring a hat-trick is a good thing and outstanding is his default description of such acts. I think it's probably fair to assume that Bryan Oviedo's performance in an under 23 game didn't evoke memories of Roberto Carlos in his pomp, so I won't read too much into Unsworth using superlatives to describe someone's performance.

I've said similar in the youth team thread but what on earth is it that makes people think we - the fans - have a right to decide whether someone is good enough or not? Two managers and two sets of coaches have decided that Niasse is not good enough to play. That's their job, they're professionals and they have made a decision based on his training, his performances in reserve games, and his limited time on the pitch in the premier league. The idea that somebody should get games just so we can decide whether or not we agree is absolutely hilarious.

That must apply to Davis and Holgate then. Koeman sees them every day in training, yet he's still picking a horrendously out of form Jags who cant run or jump anymore and just about everyone else in midfield ahead of them - maybe they are not good enough? Hasn't stopped people calling for them to be given a chance.

The issue with Koeman appears to be of a personal nature.

A lot of people on here suggesting that Niasse deserves a shot in the first team as we surely can't do any worse than present. I watched the U23 game tonight, he played the first hour.
From what I saw, and in my humble opinion, Koeman has got it spot on.
Niasse simply doesn't move or react like a professional footballer, he looks very awkward and clumsy with the ball at his feet. He miscontrols the ball time and time again, and seems to fall over way to easily under no real pressure.
To be fair, you could quite easily be describing Lukaku there. And before everyone gets high and mighty I know he's a very good goal scorer, but he has rotten spells and at times simply isn't arsed.

I've said similar in the youth team thread but what on earth is it that makes people think we - the fans - have a right to decide whether someone is good enough or not? Two managers and two sets of coaches have decided that Niasse is not good enough to play. That's their job, they're professionals and they have made a decision based on his training, his performances in reserve games, and his limited time on the pitch in the premier league. The idea that somebody should get games just so we can decide whether or not we agree is absolutely hilarious.

Didn't managers and coaches look at him then spend around £13M on him too.
And don't half this forum want rid of a manager as they don't believe he knows what he's doing?

Jesus mate, I was trying to be lighthearted not putting myself forward as a thesaurus.

I would guess that he meant 'good' if i'm honest. I think Unsworth may have a relatively limited vocabulary and use the word outstanding quite liberally, seeing as I just googled 'Unsworth Niasse outstanding' to see what he'd actually said and got all those results that i posted.

I doubt that he meant outstanding as in truly exceptional, more just that scoring a hat-trick is a good thing and outstanding is his default description of such acts. I think it's probably fair to assume that Bryan Oviedo's performance in an under 23 game didn't evoke memories of Roberto Carlos in his pomp, so I won't read too much into Unsworth using superlatives to describe someone's performance.

I imagine that Unsworth has realised the lad needs encouragement and is a confidence player....and, strangely it seems to be working. Certainly a more effective way of managing a player who cost a decent wedge than taking his locker off him....in my humble opinion.

Why are people ignoring the two people who actually watched the game who said he was turd?!

Probably because people see things quite differently. Nearly 40,000 of us see things different every week for a start. I have a complete buffoon sitting near me at Goodison and he watches the game....doesn't mean he's right in his opinions about certain players.

Anyone who has seen Niasse warming up prior to a game, let alone in a game, can tell that the lad does not have the basic skills to be a professional footballer at any level let alone appearing in a team with European aspirations.

No idea how he ended up here, but he should never be considered for a place in the 1st team squad.

Anyone who has seen Niasse warming up prior to a game, let alone in a game, can tell that the lad does not have the basic skills to be a professional footballer at any level let alone appearing in a team with European aspirations.

No idea how he ended up here, but he should never be considered for a place in the 1st team squad.
How has he managed it then,here and Russia,how has he kidded so many and why is he still playing at Everton.

He's been a paid professional footballer for some years Esk. He scored a fair amount of goals in Russia. So factually you are wrong. Your opinion may be right but the facts are he does have the basic skills. To be honest can he do any worse than the current first team have done the last month or so?
I don't think anyone is suggesting he's outstanding - just that he should be given a chance.
If Straquilirsi could get a run in the first team then there really isn't an argument to say this fella shouldn't. Running around like a headless chicken for some reason seemed to elevate Denis to legendary status....would that happen at any other top club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back