2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number of people I've seen say on Twitter that he "deserves" a chance

I get why we may want to give him some mins here and there owing to our lack of numbers in the striking department, but I don't think it's hugely over-the-top of me to suggest that in his first team appearances for us he looked like the worst striker we've had in over twenty years.

If scoring goals in the kids team and having a good attitude is "deserving" of a chance then our standards are slipping considerably

he had a bad wrist tho!!!

You may have said it before, but you were wrong.

Sandro hasn't started great, but Niasse was a level of poor we haven't seen in years and years and years

No I'm not wrong. Sandro has looked awful since he got here.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think he is awful and he will come good but it just goes to show what peoples perceptions of players can be after only a handful of games. If you had never seen Sigurdsson before other than one mad goal you would think he had never played football before so far on his showings for us.

Don't forget as well that Niasse came into a side where the atmosphere was toxic at the club, a lot of the players had seemingly downed tools already and he also had some personal issues to deal with.

I don't think he is particularly good, I also don't think he is anywhere as bad as some people make out. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Play Niasse, Sandro and DCL.

It can be a modern day 3 stooges

giphy.gif

If scoring goals in the kids team and having a good attitude is "deserving" of a chance then our standards are slipping considerably
I dunno, if the first team really has a problem scoring and theres a lad in the reserves with a good attitude who's scoring, how does he not deserve a chance? Our standards slipping has nothing to do with Niasse. Our standards slipping has been happening a long time before Niasse came along.

I get why we may want to give him some mins here and there owing to our lack of numbers in the striking department, but I don't think it's hugely over-the-top of me to suggest that in his first team appearances for us he looked like the worst striker we've had in over twenty years.

Could the same not be said about Kenny, apart from the scoring bit.

No I'm not wrong. Sandro has looked awful since he got here.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think he is awful and he will come good but it just goes to show what peoples perceptions of players can be after only a handful of games. If you had never seen Sigurdsson before other than one mad goal you would think he had never played football before so far on his showings for us.

Don't forget as well that Niasse came into a side where the atmosphere was toxic at the club, a lot of the players had seemingly downed tools already and he also had some personal issues to deal with.

I don't think he is particularly good, I also don't think he is anywhere as bad as some people make out. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Well, TBF that's your perception, as you've just said.

My perception of Sandro is that he's been off the pace and is trying too hard to impress, hence the tendency to try to let fly every time there is half an opportunity and drifting all over the place to try to get the ball. Not been great, but he does at least look like he's played football before.

Niasse was better at Hull than he was here (although he was still laughably bad at times), but there was a tiny part of me that wondered if we had been conned with Niasse in some sort of Ali Dia way after I saw his first couple of performances for us. He didn't really get any better either.

I'll accept the bit about the toxic atmosphere, but I judge on what I see. Sandro looks like a player who is off the pace, lacking in confidence and is trying too hard to impress - Niasse looked like a player who had never been coached how to play football. If he gets games this season, I'll judge him on those, but I struggle to see merit in the argument about how he "deserves" his chance

Could the same not be said about Kenny, apart from the scoring bit.

That's fair, but Kenny has also been v impressive for England U20s and U21s. Unless I'm very much mistaken, Niasse hasn't been involved for Senegal in a long while, so lacking the context about seeing him outside the U23s

Koeman has stated himself that players can sometimes take as long as 12 months to adjust to the Premiership. Niasse has now had this and scored a couple of goals (4) for Hull. His Wikipedia profile states "He is known for his pace, strength and high work rate." doesn't that sound like exactly what we need now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back