our new le coq kit(part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shenanigans!

everton09102.jpg

I'm not getting what's going on with these sleeves - or lack of any...

For me, this looks like 2 shirts strategically placed on top of each other to create this 'new' one.

1 - look at the bottom half closely, notice those darker pinstripes about an inch apart that are distinctly lacking from the top 3rd of the shirt.

2 - running down the from the arm (left of the photo) is what looks like the seam, to me, looks more like the edge of a 2nd shirt... Seems to be unevenly wider on the other side.

3 - what's with the cut off of the bottom of the V and the crest? - again, looks like where one shirt's laying on another.

4 -
why is it so bloody long and wide with such a smaller chest, shoulder & arm part?.

I'd bet that this is a photo of 2 different tops - a larger current one folded above the sponsor and placed over some smaller replica of one of our old Coq Sportif ones...

I hope you're right, ST. I don't see what you see. I pray that you're right, though.

I've always wondered why the Italians seem to have good kits compared to us (see Les, above). Now it can't be down to "natural" flair for fashion design, since their designs are hardly difficult. Why Umbro, Le Coq and company can't just take a leaf out of their book is beyond me.

thats a real top, if u look closely the dark pinstripes go to to the top of the shirt it's just harder to see them cos of the angle the photo is taken from and there's no light hitting that part of the shirt. the cut off on the neck and crest is because the shirt has a crease or bump in it and it looks wider on one side because it's not sitting on the table properley and it's hanging further over on one side.
besides, the crest wasn't like that on our old le coq shirt and the new shirt doesn't haven't vertical pinstripes there diagonal. so it can't be two shirts placed over each other.

Theres sets of double pinstripes running down the length of it, like the original one.

The shorter arms are boss, my guns will look simply sensational in it*

Has no one picked up on the 84-85 team on the inside under the label. Thats fcukin boss.

Theres sets of double pinstripes running down the length of it, like the original one.

The shorter arms are boss, my guns will look simply sensational in it*

Has no one picked up on the 84-85 team on the inside under the label. Thats fcukin boss.

I picked up on that lad, and it's pathetic. Makes us look strictly small-time, like we're harping back to some bygone age when everything was rosy in the Goodison garden.

We're better than that.

Get Hummel onto the job, that's what I say.

I think whatever your opinion on the shirt, who in their right mind would ask a big load of online football fans for style advice? It's not right I tell thee!

Wont matter what it looks like, we'll probably all buy it anyway.

I agree with that man there. Sold!

You should work in Marketing. I can see it now ...

"BRAND NEW EVERTON REPLICA KIT 09/10, MADE FROM THE LATEST WHATEVERMAJIG THERMAL KEEP-U-DEAD COOL, LOOKS LIKE A PLASTERERS RADIO, BUT YOU'LL STILL BUY IT ANYWAY COS YOU'LL LOOK LIKE A TIT IF YOU DONT"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back