Votes: 31 5.5%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 159 28.3%

• Total voters
It's both that need to be considered with the solid output overall this season. You cannot judge a manager fairly leaving out either thing. Praise for defence, criticize to a certain amount for not solving our 5+ seasons of ongoing low-scoring problems, consider the impact of insecurity/deductions etc...

All in all, he deserves games into the new season, but not a contract extension now. But we shouldn't exaggerate our expectations yet not knowing how the team will look like with top half-euros ambitions.
There are no top half Euro ambition next season are there?, unless we are bought by the Chinese State Investment Fund and ffp is scrapped and we suddenly have a war chest to buy an entirely new squad.
We will be selling our best players and replacing them with players way past their best, or you have never heard or have question reputations or injury records. Looking forward to seeing Ravel Morison is blue shirt

It's both that need to be considered with the solid output overall this season. You cannot judge a manager fairly leaving out either thing. Praise for defence, criticize to a certain amount for not solving our 5+ seasons of ongoing low-scoring problems, consider the impact of insecurity/deductions etc...

All in all, he deserves games into the new season, but not a contract extension now. But we shouldn't exaggerate our expectations yet not knowing how the team will look like with top half-euros ambitions.
Agree, I am against contract extensions for managers before they complete the contract. I believe the contract should be extended when it's coming to a end. Never understood why clubs do that. Too big of a risk for me.

To win a cup, even the Carabou Cup in our last season at the Old Lady would be fantastic. On that basis I’d gamble on Jose Mourhino.
The challenge of doing a Porto with us as a career finale whilst taking us into the new ground might be something that would tickle his fancy. New owners generally like a big name in to herald the beginning of their reign too...
Mourihno is an intriguing one. He feels like the sort of character who Everton fans would love if he became one of us.
I had thought he was a busted flush but he did well at Roma and won a Euro trophy. I dare say he'd be interested too, under new owners.

What do others think?

Mourihno is an intriguing one. He feels like the sort of character who Everton fans would love if he became one of us.
I had thought he was a busted flush but he did well at Roma and won a Euro trophy. I dare say he'd be interested too, under new owners.

What do others think?
Short term probably yes, mostly guaranteed to win something in this time, but he never proved to last long in a club in his career.

There are no top half Euro ambition next season are there?, unless we are bought by the Chinese State Investment Fund and ffp is scrapped and we suddenly have a war chest to buy an entirely new squad.
We will be selling our best players and replacing them with players way past their best, or you have never heard or have question reputations or injury records. Looking forward to seeing Ravel Morison is blue shirt
There were threads about asking that, because we are like 4 points off top half. And yes, our team could probably be worse.

What do others think?

He does well for a couple of seasons and then starts falling out with everyone at the club and sets fire to the team.

15 games without a win isn’t a spell.
3 wins in a week is a spell.
But we haven't changed anything. Still tight games in some but recently chances have been going in.
The 15 without a win we had City and Spurs twice, smashed Utd 0-2 and had 6 draws which could have easily gone either way.
Recall some dodgy non penalty awards during this period as well.
Just looking at the end results doesn't tell the whole story.

But we haven't changed anything. Still tight games in some but recently chances have been going in.
The 15 without a win we had City and Spurs twice, smashed Utd 0-2 and had 6 draws which could have easily gone either way.
Recall some dodgy non penalty awards during this period as well.
Just looking at the end results doesn't tell the whole story.
You’re right of course
We were rubbish throughout, but we have been lucky in three successive games.

Agree, but those stats show he is way better than what people believe. We play amazing defensive football and if we had better attackers and didn’t have ashley young playing as a winger we would have at least 10 goals extra
That’s nonsense, we’ve missed chances yes, but villa dominated at goodison and we got a draw, Fulham away they had the better chances, Newcastle should have been 3 or 4 up, Liverpool missed some big chances. Palace at goodison arguably had the better chances, that’s just off the top of my head, there’s games plenty of games that could have gone either way and that’s how dyche plays imo, it’s a game of fine margins, he sets us up hard to beat and to stay in games, long term that’s not a strategy to move forward, you’re basically flipping a coin 8 games out of 10, we score first we tend to win, concede first we never win

over his prem career averages a goal a game, that’s not down to strikers, it’s playing a style that doesn’t help towards getting goals, strikers isolated, wingers that rarely go past the forward, full backs that don’t cross the half way line.

About your post who needs another manger, or wherever you said. Dyche will keep us 12th to 16th, but if you want to watch painful football be bored and praying for a Corner, that’s fine, but I want better and something that’s going to grab me as a fan and give me some hope for the future

...it’s playing a style that doesn’t help towards getting goals, strikers isolated, wingers that rarely go past the forward, full backs that don’t cross the half way line.

About your post who needs another manger, or wherever you said. Dyche will keep us 12th to 16th, but if you want to watch painful football be bored and praying for a Corner, that’s fine, but I want better and something that’s going to grab me as a fan and give me some hope for the future
Yep, I agree with this. We're all giddy with the three wins, but now we can drop the Gomes, Ali, Young, Danjuma, Harrison wages and have something of a squad reset. We can probably bring in 4 or 5 new players with those wages.

Surely it must be possible to stay up AND have full backs cross the halfway line? Do these two things have to be mutually exclusive?