Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 159 28.4%

• Total voters
Unless we get new owners we won't be sacking Dyche. We don't have a pit to pose in so won't be paying him off.
And for all the horrible football that we played I have to take my hat off to Dyche for keeping us up with this squad.
On that basis alone he's probably someone I can get behind - but I wish to God he'd tyr and find a more attractive style of play.
School of Science and all that jazz. Needs better players though and we're probably going to be selling rather than buying.
Shame Barkley is persona non grata (rightly so) as he would be perfect in our midfield.

Only two managers have been sacked this season cos no one has the money to sack

Lots of clubs have struggled this season and without the points deduction we would be comfortable mid table and who is the to say without the behind the scenes we could have been even higher than that
What’s mental is fans swooning at the “we don’t need a new manager” because he’s won 4/5. Which if we look at is a very good return.

What isn’t a very good return is not winning in 14/15 games, for which if there wasn’t an AWOL owner he’d have been long sacked.

He’s earned the right to have a go next season, but nothing more.

No need to extend his contract or anything yet, let’s see where he’s at come Christmas.

Agree, I am against contract extensions for managers before they complete the contract. I believe the contract should be extended when it's coming to a end. Never understood why clubs do that. Too big of a risk for me.

Its because any new signings will want to know the manager signing them isnt going to put them on a 5 year deal and then jump ship.

Also existing squad members could down tools in the belief the manager is off soon as we have seen under Ferguson and Klopp.

Only two managers have been sacked this season cos no one has the money to sack

Lots of clubs have struggled this season and without the points deduction we would be comfortable mid table and who is the to say without the behind the scenes we could have been even higher than that
We may find out next season, you could also say the points deduction got the fans on board a bit more than they were. And just floating around 13th, I think the fans would have checked out months ago, be the football was so bad and goodison was like a morgue at times.

Next season he’s likely to have an owner, new board and DOF/sporting team keeping a close eye on him, adding to the pressure