Our top ten greatest ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going on players I have seen, counting Tommy Lawton who I saw but not for Everton my best ever team would be:
Neville Southall
Alex Parker
Ray Wilson
Peter Reid
T G Jones
Tony Kay
Trevor Steven
Bobby Collins
Tommy Lawton
Roy Vernon
Johnny Morrissey.

Substitutes: Ted Sager, Tommy Wright, Howard Kendall, Alan Ball, Tommy Ring, Joe Royle and Brian Labone.

Ball
Harvey
Kendall
Labone
Southall
Ratcliffe
Latchford
Sharp
Watson
Steven

On what I have seen play....

Still missed out some great players...

Going on players I have seen, counting Tommy Lawton who I saw but not for Everton my best ever team would be:
Neville Southall
Alex Parker
Ray Wilson
Peter Reid
T G Jones
Tony Kay
Trevor Steven
Bobby Collins
Tommy Lawton
Roy Vernon
Johnny Morrissey.

Substitutes: Ted Sager, Tommy Wright, Howard Kendall, Alan Ball, Tommy Ring, Joe Royle and Brian Labone.
I’m amazed either Ball, Harvey or Kendall isn’t in your 11. It’s all about opinions mate but that midfield 3 was not only worshipped by Everton fans it drew respect of the fans of other clubs and football in general.

1:WR(Dixie)Dean
2:AlanBall
3:Neville Southall
4:Tommy Lawton
5:TG Jones
6:Brian Labone
7:Colin Harvey
8:Howard Kendall
9:Kevin Sheedy
10:Jack Sharp

Wow,bloody tough that,trying to look at the bigger picture and encompassing the history of the club, how the heck I have managed to leave out so many legends/greats though, you could make a case for so many,many more I was tempted to stick Reidy in place of Howard,maybe wrongly I was swayed by Howie managerial achievements on that one but how can you just include two thirds of our Holy Trinity,my old man would curse me too, no Golden Vision,No Ray Wilson too,doh what have I started herelol

Last edited:
1:DixieDean
2:AlanBall
3:Neville Southall
4:Tommy Lawton
5:TG Jones
6:Brian Labone
7:Colin Harvey
8:Howard Kendall
9:Kevin Sheedy
10:Jack Sharp

Wow,bloody tough that,trying to look at the bigger picture and encompassing the history of the club, how the heck I have managed to leave out so many legends/greats though, you could make a case for so many,many more I was tempted to stick Reidy in place of Howard,maybe wrongly I was swayed by Howie managerial achievements on that one but how can you just include two thirds of our Holy Trinity,my old man would curse me too, no Golden Vision,doh what have I started herelol
I didn’t get to see the holy trinity play but my dad did. As good as our 85 midfield was that won the league, my dad said it’s good, but not as good as the ball, Harvey and Kendall midfield that had almost a telepathic understanding of one another.

I know that Southall would always be everyone's choice for goal keeper but i think that Nigel Martyn deserves a mention (or can you only have one keeper in the top ten?)

Status
Not open for further replies.