Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine the sky sports premier league reply to this:

Rooney
Lukaku
Richarlison
Barmby

err. has anyone else played for you?

Kanchelskis is the best I have seen in the Prem era for us.

We have had some smatterings of excellence, with the 08/09 side the best in this tv driven, vulgar era.

we’ve had loads of good players in the prem, not many world class ones though

Agreed, only Richarlison could tentatively threaten that standard in the current squad.

We have not had many in the last 20+ years. I would argue that Tim Cahill was though. He is the best player to come out of Australia, scored goals everywhere and at every level and was the finest player with his head I have seen. He took Millwall to an FA Cup final too.

That 08/09 side was so unfirtunate to be assembled when United and Chelsea where at their peaks too.

Southall
Sheedy
Watson
Arteta
Unsworth
Baines
Cahill
Kanchelskis
Ratcliffe
Ferguson

I'm only so old.

Southall
Sheedy
Watson
Arteta
Unsworth
Baines
Cahill
Kanchelskis
Ratcliffe
Ferguson

I'm only so old.
How can someone who is old enough to have seen Southall, Sheedy & Ratclffe play,
have Unsworth, Ferguson & Arteta in,
above Stevens, Sharp, Gray or Reid.

How can someone who is old enough to have seen Southall, Sheedy & Ratclffe play,
have Unsworth, Ferguson & Arteta in,
above Stevens, Sharp, Gray or Reid.

Southall played up until about 3 years ago, Sheedy is my uncles favourite player and he has preached about him all my life so I feel like I know him personally and I know Kevin Ratcliffe personally so he goes in. Is that ok? I thought this was a list of our 'favourite'players and all? or should we all have done your list?

I'd probably put Reid in over Kanchelskis actually, he slipped my mind.

Southall played up until about 3 years ago, Sheedy is my uncles favourite player and he has preached about him all my life so I feel like I know him personally and I know Kevin Ratcliffe personally so he goes in. Is that ok? I thought this was a list of our 'favourite'players and all? or should we all have done your list?

I'd probably put Reid in over Kanchelskis actually, he slipped my mind.
But t he thread is not called "My uncles favourite player and players I know personally"

Status
Not open for further replies.