Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know what was said to Vieira for that reaction.

There was outrage on here weeks ago when we played Utd and Ronaldo smashed that lads phone out of his hand, leaving him with a decent size bruise. Yet for some reason this is fair game for Vieira to grab and punt one of our fans a couple of times for what seems like something similar ( waving a phone in his face ).

Whilst the blue was looking for some kind of reaction, that's assault there by Vieira...... as it was by Ronaldo weeks ago when we were rightly up in arms about it.

But i want to know what, if anything was said to Vieira to cause that reaction.

See they had trouble at the other play off matches with Port Vale fans thumping Swindon players after pitch invasion, with the trouble at tge Forest match other night too I can see the FA using sanctions against pitch invasions.

There was outrage on here weeks ago when we played Utd and Ronaldo smashed that lads phone out of his hand, leaving him with a decent size bruise. Yet for some reason this is fair game for Vieira to grab and punt one of our fans a couple of times for what seems like something similar ( waving a phone in his face ).

Whilst the blue was looking for some kind of reaction, that's assault there by Vieira...... as it was by Ronaldo weeks ago when we were rightly up in arms about it.

This was more provocative than the Ronaldo incident from what I can see. It was also a completely different dynamic. Vieira was in a potentially very vulnerable situation, surrounded by opposition fans - the vast majority of whom were obviously just enjoying the moment.

Who knows what was said. I’m surprised Vieira has retaliated.

This is the point. Viera completely vulnerable there. There needs to be a discussion about the return of pitch invasions in general - I mean I don’t recall seeing so many matches interrupted by people running on the pitch as I have this season (post 80s, I mean)
Think it’s always happened. Any team stay up, any team qualify for playoffs at home it’s on the pitch.
Happens every season.
Media making a thing of it now

If you’ve got on the pitch in the biggest night in Everton’s recent history, and your first thought is to shove your phone in the opposition manager’s face, you deserve a hiding.

Hope viera leathered the little scrote. After this weekend's incidents, some fans refuse to learn.
I agree, if you get in someone's face, deal with the consequences, there is just no need to get so close and invade his personal space.

If you’ve got on the pitch in the biggest night in Everton’s recent history, and your first thought is to shove your phone in the opposition manager’s face, you deserve a hiding.

You making it sound like he went looking for Vieira.

The lad was an idiot, but if you think waving about in someone's face deserves a hiding then.... christ.

100% guaranteed had that been another manager like Gerrard giving the boot to the lad, your view and everyone else's would be vastly different.

Could of turned very nasty that, like PV could of got a hiding from some dead beats. Thank god there were some sensible blues around him at the time.

That was my thought, the fan had turned away and it was only then viera responded. So had he said something as he turned

Just posted this on the match thread…

Fan should be prosecuted and given a banning order and then banned for life by the club. It is all his fault.
if he doesn’t break the law by going on the pitch the incident doesn’t happen.

He is not celebrating a win he is taunting and harassing someone at their place of work, using insulting language.
it is no more acceptable tonight then it would be with a doctors receptionist on a Monday morning.

His actions are not the same as those who just ran on to celebrate the win and staying up.

Nice of him to post the video online should make him easier to identify and prosecute.
Where's the video?

All credit to those Everton fans who diffused the situation and edged Vieira away as that could have escalated pretty quickly. You can totally understand his reaction but he will still get ‘punished’ for it. I just hope it can be in the form of making a large donation to an Everton charitable foundation rather than paying a fine to the FA, their job should be focused on working out how to better protect players and staff during these ridiculous pitch invasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.