Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Performance vs Results

Good performance or positive result?

• Performance

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Result

Votes: 112 90.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Results all day long for me, wins is the only thing that leads to suscess

Dont mind spurs at all,always thought they were decent as well lol

Paulicheno (can't spell) selling #ThatsSoSpursy to everton and continuing to play some nice enough footie was a masterstroke.

I know everyone would want both if they could have it. I honestly think that next season that might start to happen.

The better your performances and the football you play, the more likely you'll win the game. There's been so many nearly-wins this season, and if we improve our play so that we are doing it for 90 minutes (or even 20 minute, 3-goal blitz and then keep ball) then we'll win a lot of games next season.

Plus with some investment meaning a couple of boss signings and (PLEASE) a new keeper. You can see what Bobby is trying to do and I still have faith it could become reality next season.

More energy, effort and movement will get more consistent and good results, and will definitely have Everton with more contented and happy fans, doubt we will get this under the present manager, we play sleepwalk football for long periods of every game.

I'd rather watch good football any day of the week. I enjoy Guile, precison and speed of thought and movement.
Most teams that win stuff tend to be good to watch.

I want us to win stuff of course but I want us to be fondly remembered by neutrals at the same time. I know the vast majority will say they're not arsed what others say (though I think that's generally a reaction to negative comments about us), but I get genuine satisfaction hearing people with no allegiance whatsoever to Everton, raving about the way Everton play football. After the sex of seeing it unfold on the pitch, that's like the afterglow.

Maybe early in the season or when there's nothing left to play for good performances are a sign that good results will come.

But I'd happily take 38 poor performances next year if it meant winning the league.

I genuinely dont understand anyone whomwould put performance above results? It is a given that you would love to see both, but given the choice between an ugly win and a beautiful defeat, then it must be the win? There is obviously a balance and i too want to be entertained. but i think the single biggest source of frustration this season has been our entertaining football hasnt produced sufficient points to drive us up the table toward European places or cup finals! I knwo a lot of Arsenal fans and they feel the same way about their club! They see some consistently attractive, entertaining football, but most of them would swap it for a trophy particularly in Europe!

Results are important in the short term but in the long term the only way to improve results is by focusing on performance.

I'd rather play terrible and win than play great and lose. End of the day it's the points that matter. It would be horrible to get relegated while playing the best-looking football in the league. It's good that Roberto is starting to realise this - granted, Aston Villa struggled to beat League Two Wycombe, but our performance on Tuesday was poor. Still won though, that's all that matters

If your one of the few who voted performance than I don't think you get football

That's a very simplistic view. In the short term results matter but in the long term focussing on performance rather than results will actually lead to better results. Sometimes you need to take a few steps back to move forward. England football team is a prime example. We always focus on winning matches against average teams and ignore performance. This means that while we beat poor teams we never develop a style of play that is capable of beating better teams. In the long won teams that perform well week in week out will pick up more points than those that don't perform well.

Maybe early in the season or when there's nothing left to play for good performances are a sign that good results will come.

But I'd happily take 38 poor performances next year if it meant winning the league.

I wouldn't. If we ever win the league I want to be entertained and I want us to play like champions. I don't see the point in winning if you play sh&t football.

I'd be amazed if Ranieri wanted a performance over the result. I'd imagine he was trying to put a positive spin on a disappointing result. He's already started his mind games this week claiming they're fourth favourites and all that, trying to take the pressure off.

I doubt any of his players have been in this situation before so I'd imagine he's doing his best to ensure they can handle the added pressure.

Results over performance all day for me. I'm interested to know what people see as performance though, because surely it's more than just being decent going forward. Surely a performance would consist of a good defence as well.

Lets hope Everton can take the current run of results in to the more difficult fixtures that are coming up.

If the players put in a good performance but draw Ranieri thinks if we keeping playing like that we will win a lot of games before the end of the season. If they play poorly and win Ranieri thinks we played poorly today but got lucky, if we keep playing like that we won't win many more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back